BellysGonnaGetchya!

Fancy a bash in Kent?

Great fun today, numbers have hit rock bottom though.....just 2 of us?? :D

Thinking of a trip to the beach just after Christmas, possibly 2nd or 3rd January depending on weather and tide times etc. Be good to get out of the house.....

Count me in, as ever :D

Yeah come on Kent guys there must be more of you out there who are up for a bash! What better way to escape naff telly, Wife, kids, gf's, stinky Uncle Henry and the thought of having to go back to work after a week of too many mince pies and turkey sarnies, than a bit of blokee fun on the sand in one of Kents premier beach sun spots. (alright, so it's Hythe in the beginning of January, but surely a guy's entitled a to a little it of poetic license!)

Bring your Scorcher, Grasshopper, Hornet, Blitzer, Falcon, Slash, Buggy Champ, Super Champ, Mad Bull, Lunchbox, Wild Willy or any of those classics that were almost made for beach running, and start the New Year in the way it should be spent with a group of like minded blokes having a laugh. Seriously.. you won't regret it!

Would it make any difference if I said there'll be cake?

Count me in, as ever :)

Yeah come on Kent guys there must be more of you out there who are up for a bash! What better way to escape naff telly, Wife, kids, gf's, stinky Uncle Henry and the thought of having to go back to work after a week of too many mince pies and turkey sarnies, than a bit of blokee fun on the sand in one of Kents premier beach sun spots. (alright, so it's Hythe in the beginning of January, but surely a guy's entitled a to a little it of poetic license!)

Bring your Scorcher, Grasshopper, Hornet, Blitzer, Falcon, Slash, Buggy Champ, Super Champ, Mad Bull, Lunchbox, Wild Willy or any of those classics that were almost made for beach running, and start the New Year in the way it should be spent with a group of like minded blokes having a laugh. Seriously.. you won't regret it!

Would it make any difference if I said there'll be cake?

Sorry guys for not replying sooner, had loads going on. Yep I should hopefully be free on thoses dates.

2nd or 3rd in Hythe? Will check with Mrs. Should be ok! hope you all had a good christmas! 28

Looking at the tide times Saturday would be the best day this weekend:

http://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/easytide/EasyT...dictionLength=7

Its not great to be honest, what do you all think?

Hmm not great at all. What time you thinking of getting down there. Looking at that I'd say probably not till 11 ish? Failing that, we could always try the warren again? That is actually a pretty good venue.. especially if we do do the saturday morning.. shouldn't be many people around.

Hi guys sorry for not replying or being about for ages. i'd defo be up for a sat morning gtg at the warren. if ppl decide that's what we are doing then can someone post it on ukrcrc too (can't do any harm more the merrier me thinks) and I'll do my best to be there with my landy bodied axial scx10 .

Hope to see you guys soon

difflockxc (Graham)

Hi guys sorry for not replying or being about for ages. i'd defo be up for a sat morning gtg at the warren. if ppl decide that's what we are doing then can someone post it on ukrcrc too (can't do any harm more the merrier me thinks) and I'll do my best to be there with my landy bodied axial scx10 .

Hope to see you guys soon

difflockxc (Graham)

Bladdy ell they're all coming out of the woodwork! ;)

Welcome back mate, good to see ya :D

Hmm not great at all. What time you thinking of getting down there. Looking at that I'd say probably not till 11 ish? Failing that, we could always try the warren again? That is actually a pretty good venue.. especially if we do do the saturday morning.. shouldn't be many people around.

Saturday at the Warren is ok for me, weather permitting of course ;)

The wife decided we were going to go on an afternoon wander in the woods that are about 50 yards along our road, we had never been in there before even though we have lived here for 9 years! I think it has massive bashing potential, lots of tracks and bumpy sections, looks like kids have had their bikes in there. I'll have another mooch around but I think it would be good for crawlers/XC's and buggys/truggys etc

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.230098,...011362&z=17

The Green arrow marks the spot!

The wife decided we were going to go on an afternoon wander in the woods that are about 50 yards along our road, we had never been in there before even though we have lived here for 9 years! I think it has massive bashing potential, lots of tracks and bumpy sections, looks like kids have had their bikes in there. I'll have another mooch around but I think it would be good for crawlers/XC's and buggys/truggys etc

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.230098,...011362&z=17

The Green arrow marks the spot!

Looks like a great crawler location. Parking our 1:1 cars might be tricky though :)

Looks like a great crawler location. Parking our 1:1 cars might be tricky though :)

Thats the advantage of having:

1) quite a big driveway ;)

2) small amount of Kent Bashers ;)

my drive could accomodate 4 or 5 bashers, lets be honest there is usually just 3 of us these days :)

Thats the advantage of having:

1) quite a big driveway ;)

2) small amount of Kent Bashers :)

my drive could accomodate 4 or 5 bashers, lets be honest there is usually just 3 of us these days :)

Aye.. that's true enough. And I suppose there's the added advantage of sweet talking your missus into bacon sarnies @ lunchtime? ;)

Weather looks like it's going to be naff, but it ain't gonna rain. Really hoping it stays that way, cos I'm SO looking forward to Saturday. AX10 convoy and Andy with his CC01. Maaaaarvluss!

Aye.. that's true enough. And I suppose there's the added advantage of sweet talking your missus into bacon sarnies @ lunchtime? ;)

Weather looks like it's going to be naff, but it ain't gonna rain. Really hoping it stays that way, cos I'm SO looking forward to Saturday. AX10 convoy and Andy with his CC01. Maaaaarvluss!

BBC Weather reckons Sunday is gonna be sunny :) I am free for either day but would rather go for the better of the 2 weatherwise. They will probably change their forecast tomorrow though! :)

So which location and day are we going for as i can't do the Sunday but don't mind on the venue for Saturday just need to know a bit in advance as I have put the sat warren meet on ukrcrc and will need to let ppl know if there is a change of plans

just checked met office and the forecast at the mo is saturday cloudy dry about 5 C or Sunday cloudy dry 3C and windy

BBC Weather reckons Sunday is gonna be sunny :) I am free for either day but would rather go for the better of the 2 weatherwise. They will probably change their forecast tomorrow though! :)

I still can't get these update notification emails to work ;) Sunday is looking better for me, but I go with the flow. I am at work all this week so just need to find time to charge some batteries up and avoid drinking too much on New Years eve lol

What time are we looking at meeting up?

Saturday or Sunday suits me, (although I must admit I thought we were doing the Saturday) - heck.. I'd do both days :)

As for start time I'd have thought the normal 10am start was in order?

I am happy to do either day, my only concern is there might be some sore heads tomorrow after tonights new years celebrations? :) won't effect me as I'm staying home tonight. I took a look at the post Graham put on UKRCRC inviting peeps to the bash and this point was raised by someone there.

What are your thoughts guys, should we go with Saturday at the usual time of 10am. or maybe do a Saturday pm or Sunday am/pm? time for a vote?

As for location, as far as I know it's gonna be at the Warren.

I still can't get these update notification emails to work :)

Have you tried subscribing to the Kent Bash thread again? I have not been getting email notifications so have just re-subscribed..

I am happy to do either day, my only concern is there might be some sore heads tomorrow after tonights new years celebrations? :) won't effect me as I'm staying home tonight. I took a look at the post Graham put on UKRCRC inviting peeps to the bash and this point was raised by someone there.

What are your thoughts guys, should we go with Saturday at the usual time of 10am. or maybe do a Saturday pm or Sunday am/pm? time for a vote?

As for location, as far as I know it's gonna be at the Warren.

My vote has to be Saturday morning as I can't do Sunday or sat afternoon (families eh who,d have em) however if everyone else wants to do sunday then I'll just have to miss this one and try to catch up with you guys latter on in the new year

I'm staying in tonight as well, so either day suits me too. Must admit I've not seen the thread on the UKRCRC website - is there much interest on there? If there are some additional punters, there's nothing to stop us making crawler stylee bashes a bit more regular? That way even if we do the Sunday and because of family / work commitments Graham et al can't make it, we can have another one in a couple of weeks as well.

Frankly, I'm just happy to go with the majority to be honest. Given the relatively poor numbers we've had in the past, I'm keen to get as many people together as possible for this one.

Saturday or Sunday suits me, (although I must admit I thought we were doing the Saturday) - heck.. I'd do both days :)

As for start time I'd have thought the normal 10am start was in order?

Yep Saturday is fine for me, I will have to leave around one. So see you at the warren carpark around 10, with the summit and cc01.

Oh yeah, I have not been to the warren before, is its near ashford just off the a20?

The Warren is here

Come down the M20, come off at junction 9, go towards the town after coming off the motorway roundabout. Second exit at the first roundabout you come to after that, then immediate left (careful you don't miss it!). Follow the road down (it's a single track lane) and the car park is on the left.

The Radio gear arrived and is fitted which means the Honcho will be coming to the ball :)

10am tomorrow morning at the Warren it is then, i'm only going to bring 3 or 4 cars, the Honcho (for its maiden run), a couple of CC01's and maybe something a little faster.... I think the High-lift can stay home due to the lighting kit only being half installed as i've had enough playing with my little cars for one day!

Andy, if you get lost you have my mobile number so between Matt and I 'we'll bring you in' ;)

See you in the morning.