BellysGonnaGetchya!

Fancy a bash in Kent?

Hi guys, yeah its a Honcho

Having now had time to look at it closely I needs a bit of work on it.

2 of the shock's are leeking a bit, hopefully they just need doing up a bit more.

The paint job isn't too great, I take it there is not much that cane be done with a lexan shell. Also the the paint is coming off the rear bed (Andy - I take it that when you painted your rear bed you used lexan piant and sprayed the underside?)

I am hopefully getting all the left over kit parts from the ebay seller, so I can the have the right servo horn for a new high torque servo.

Pic's attached

Andy

you have an email mate.

Try giving the bodyshell a slight flex here and there, if the wrong paint has been used that will crack and flake off too....

Still a good buy even with these little problems mate.

you have an email mate.

Try giving the bodyshell a slight flex here and there, if the wrong paint has been used that will crack and flake off too....

Still a good buy even with these little problems mate.

yeah and at the end of the day there's a whole load of things you can do to put the paint job right - even if it comes down to painting the outside!

Honcho finally finished, all but some final at bash tweeks. Any dates in mind for the next bash?

post-27863-1297519918_thumb.jpg

post-27863-1297519931_thumb.jpg

post-27863-1297519942_thumb.jpg

Honcho finally finished, all but some final at bash tweeks. Any dates in mind for the next bash?

Very nice mate! Only one thing wrong with it. It's much much too CLEAN! :)

As for bash dates, I was thinking about this the other day, but the trouble is the weather has been awful just recently, so I reckon any dates we go for are almost certainly going to be rained orf.

We could provisionally try for next Sunday at the Warren though and see how the weather looks ?

The Honcho is looking good mate.

I can't do next Sunday as I need to look at my Bruv's electric gates which have packed up and he has already pre-booked me :)

Have the roadworks at the Warren been completed??

The Honcho is looking good mate.

I can't do next Sunday as I need to look at my Bruv's electric gates which have packed up and he has already pre-booked me B)

Have the roadworks at the Warren been completed??

I have been passed that area a few times in the past week or so, and it's a right mess still. Although I didn't get chance to check that access road.

Penenden it is then? Unless we give the Biccie Back Yard Forest a go :angry: heheh

Weather is not looking too great, what do you think?

It's raining here in Medway so I guess try for a bash another weekend then?

I'm around next weekend, but away the following one? Then I have that week (7th March) off (wohoo :lol:)

I'm around next weekend, but away the following one? Then I have that week (7th March) off (wohoo B))

I should be free at the weekend as well

Forecast looks good too!

Pennenden Heath 10am then on Sunday ?

Yep

Hey guys, how was the bash? sorry I missed it but had to go to work :P

How was the Honcho Andy? reckon I already know the answer to that question lol :P

Hopefully i'll be able to make the next one B)

Hey guys, how was the bash? sorry I missed it but had to go to work :P

How was the Honcho Andy? reckon I already know the answer to that question lol B)

Hopefully i'll be able to make the next one :)

Yeah was good mate.. Loads of fun crawlin', I got the brushless Clod going (before busting the servo horn on a tree stump), and took the Slash 4x4 for a spin and found that a 4000kv brushless motor and 2S LiPo, even WITH a modified wheelie bar is a bit much for a LunchBox :P

Tomorrow I'm on a mission. Few potential bash spots I've found through Googlage, so I'm off with a Clod, my Falcon and a camera to scope em out. :o

No fruit today after visiting potential spots in Sandgate, Ashford and Sittingbourne.

Mind you, there's a thread on MSUK for fellow Kent bods with our dilemma, so hoping that might yield something.

MSUK Bashing in Kent thread

Might be able to play Sunday for a couple of hours if anyone fancies it....

heh you know I'm up for it. I've just found what I think could be the answer to our non crawler bashing prayers. Big sandy area in Boughton Under Blean just outside Canterbury. I'm going to go up there tomorrow and have a look. Will report back with pics :lol:

*Edit*

Thanks to the wonders of Google Street View, I don't need to check it out. The pics speak for themselves.

Boughton Sand Pit

I'm resisting the urge to jump around like a big girl.. but that looks a bit flippin awesome if you ask me.

Took a couple of cars over there this morning for a quick rekkie, and it actually looks really good. At the moment it's still a bit wet, and so the sand is quit clumpy. Added to the fact that it looks like a favourite place for off roaders, there's loads of deep tyre ruts everywhere. All that said, it's out the way, absolutely huge, and I reckon once it dries out a bit, the sand will be softer and more of it will be useable.

Took a couple of cars over there this morning for a quick rekkie, and it actually looks really good. At the moment it's still a bit wet, and so the sand is quit clumpy. Added to the fact that it looks like a favourite place for off roaders, there's loads of deep tyre ruts everywhere. All that said, it's out the way, absolutely huge, and I reckon once it dries out a bit, the sand will be softer and more of it will be useable.

Looks good mate, should be fun.

So any interest in a bash at Penenden Heath tomorrow, can be there from 9.30 for a couple of hours...........as long as the weather holds (last forecast I saw looks ok)

So any interest in a bash at Penenden Heath tomorrow, can be there from 9.30 for a couple of hours...........as long as the weather holds (last forecast I saw looks ok)

Won't be able to make this one unfortunately. Been up all night with a rotten cold :D

Won't be able to make this one unfortunately. Been up all night with a rotten cold :D

No worries mate. We'll give today a miss.

I'll not have a weekend free now until the end of April due to work :D I do get days off during the week though if you fancy a 'non weekend' session! :angry: