BellysGonnaGetchya!

Fancy a bash in Kent?

Hi all, just seeing how many of you lot would like to see a bash in Kent, as there doesnt seem to be any meets near us. The venue would probably be near Maidstone so its roughly near the center of the county and it has plenty of parking with some tarmac, smooth grass, rough grass, woods, hillclimbs, jumps, well pretty much all you could ever want to run your rc's on and around!. There is a pub at the other end of the park for refreshments [:D](but we dont like drink drivers do we!! even rc cars [;)]) And for all those little misshaps there is a model world just around the corner that has a good array of spares should anything go pear shaped on you. If you may be interested in a day out let me know the days you guys might like to come and i will try to get it sorted out for the future. just send me a quick email so i can get an idea on numbers. See yawl laters.....Chris

Could well be interested - when did you have in mind? (it's ccccccccold at the mo' [xx(] ). Maidstone's about an hour and a half for me so reasonable for a day out.

Cheers for the interest Dave, I have been thinking of a Sunday, but dont have a date yet as im trying to find out what day is best for the majority of others, do you have a preferance on day or date?. The invite is also open to all non Kent residents to make a better and more varied day out for all.

quote:
Originally posted by BellysGonnaGetchya!

Cheers for the interest Dave, I have been thinking of a Sunday, but dont have a date yet as im trying to find out what day is best for the majority of others, do you have a preferance on day or date?. The invite is also open to all non Kent residents to make a better and more varied day out for all.

id="quote">id="quote">

To be honest, it ain't going to be until the New Year I'm afraid [:(] but let's see what others think. Sundays are probably the best for me too, but Saturday's are also a possible (depends on what the children are up to).

BTW, you go got a post code/map ref for the location you had in mind so that I can look it up?

well i am up for it, as long as it can be a sunday due to family stuff. I dont mind when before or after xmas is good for me. The spot you mention chris is ideal for all sorts of cars/trucks or off roaders. Not to mention the pub and model shop being near by. So lets go for it.[:D][:D][:D]

Kent, Sunday, early New-Year. Top stuff, say when and I'll do my best to be there, Maidstone's only an hour away from me [^]

i may be up for it. I think this is the closest that any meet is going to be to me so if i can persaude my dad to drive all that way(shouldn't be too hard-he likes his new car....alot! [;)]) then count me in too

ill get back to you soon!

Count me in. It's not far from London and with my runners in need of some exercise I'm there. All l need to do is get some better batteries so l get more than a few mins out of them.

Just E-mail me with the details.

Stuart

I might be up for this too depending on the date as Maidstone is only about an hours drive for me.

Do you have any piccies of the place, and will there ne somewhere to run my ON-roaders? Dying to give the scooby a proper run and the Alfa GTA doesn't see much tarmac action these days either!

Cheers,

Chris

Chris,

would be very interested in a bash near Maidstone as I only live in Larkfield. Any day or time will suit me.

Where abouts do you intend to run as I would like to take a look before hand.

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy and anyone else who may be thinking of coming to our little bash, if anyone wants to go have a looky around before hand the venue will be at Penenden Heath. Leave the M20 @ Jct7, Head towards Maidstone, at the roundabout (if you want rc cars, parts or spares turn left and take the first on the left 'Notcuts Garden Center' bear round to the left and Model World is on the far right of the building)id="red"> !!To get to the venue!! Turn Right at the round about and along a short bit of duel carridgeway, At the next roundabout take the Second exit "Penenden Heath Rd" and about 100Yrds on the right is the Park, its only a small turning but if you miss it there is another small roundabout further on that you can turn round and try again, once driving into the park you can park at the top (on the right) or carry on down to the bottom (Prefered cos you dont have to carry everything so far!), There are some recycling bins down there and parking to the left, Most of the off roading areas are in the woods just down from the recycling area, where you will find big jumps, small jumps, hills, tree stumps etc.....Chris

Is this still on and do we have a date and time?

I'm keen to get along to this, especially if there is somewhere I can run my onroad Alfa GTA and scooby (maybe even the Hovercraft if flat enough).

Cheers,

Chris

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a great Crimbo and wishing you all a happy new year!! What do you all reckon on the 30th of Jan for our bash? and how early in the day would you lot like the meet to be? Chris there is some tarmac to run on roaders but not enough to get a good race going, but its enough to just have a blast around, also there is a football pitch there so a hovercraft could well be ok to run. Remember all welcome, let me know if you might be interested.....Chris

Sunday 30th Jan is good for me. Earliest I could get down there would probably be around 10.30am.

Count me in [:)]

Cheers,

Chris

OK then its ON....Sunday 30th Jan 2005 (The first Kent TC bash!!) Find directions a couple of posts back, and we will meet up from 10am onwards (to let people driving a fair way get up at a reasonable time). Hope to see ya all there [:)][:D][:)][:D].....Chrisid="red">

Ok, spoken to my dad and its a yes as long as nothing else major comes up on that day then im coming.Also, we won't get there for 10 as my dad will probably have just woken up by then. But we will come and find you in the woods a bit later on. Do you think you could email me your mobile number or something so if we can't find you on the day i can call to get directions!!

Hi Chris. Not too sure if I can make the 30th, will let you know beforehand. Would love to be able to come. Lots of hop-ups on car since last contact.

Cheers

Colin

Chris,

we will definately be there for 10:00am.

Do you need any help with preparation or anything?

Andy

Chris - one other suggestion, might be an idea for people to PM you their mobile numbers in case anyone gets lost / needs help finding people?

As a few people look to be going along I would also be interested in knowing if anyone else will be running 40MHz FM gear with their Tamiya's? Only reason I ask is I don't have many xtal sets, so it would be good to know if I should try and dig out my spares.

Cheers,

Chris (the other one [;)])

Hi Chris, I will be running a few cars on 40fm 765, and i know a couple of others will be using fm as well but im sure that between us all we can work someting out [;)]

Hey there Andy, Cheers for the offer of assistance getting ready for the bash, I will let you know if there is anything you can help with. I am still taking the 3 speed for you to try and hopefully your marder will be ready by then aswell if all the parts have arrived.....Chris