BellysGonnaGetchya!

Fancy a bash in Kent?

Hi Jozza, good news about the peg board. :-)

what about if everyone brings a peg of their own with their TC name one one side, and either theircar reg or real name on the other. that then reduces your stress levels and should make it easier to id who's on what frequency.

I'm sure we all have a spare clothes peg lying about at home.lol

looking forward to tomorrow , meeting you all again or for the first time.

see you there

Cliff

Good idea Gecko, but I'll bring a bag of pegs and a marker pen in case anyone doesn't have one.

Looking forward to it now, I've not got quite as many runners as I would like, as some are still under repair, but should have at least 4 or 5 different runners, so that should be enough to keep me going [:P]

Plenty of trades too, new-builts and kits that I no longer have room for, or that I've not used much, and some other bits and pieces too.

John

Van is crammed full of stuff and I have rustled up nearly ten runners.

I hope its a good turnout as I have lots of stuff to sell/trade, mostly parts, motors and tyres. Got a NIB TB-02 Porsche Carrera, TA03R Porsche 911 GT1 maybe a Frog and an Avante runner all up for grabs.

See you all around 9.30am.

Daz

Good one Macca, nice to see there's a fair few definites now. I'll more than likely have some trades with me too, New built Blitzer Beetle, New built Hornet, New built Superclod, WW2, Mini, and some other bits and pieces.

well i must admit i enjoyed it as well even tho i was only there for a little while. Still managed to break the toureg tho [:D]. Greta shots ben.

Great to finally meet some people off the forum and a good venue too, something for everyone with some nice off roady bits as well as a small road / car park for the on-roaders.

I only ended up taking the Hummer, the scooby and the Alfa in the end, but they all had a good run (especially the Hummer). Big thanks to Chris for suggesting the venue. First time I have really had a chance to use the Alfa at full speed and with the 2WD and stock motor it really flies!

Also found a fellow Blizzard owner, although mine isn't quite finished yet, it spurred me on to complete it.

Thanks again to everyone that came for making it a "grand day out".

Only problem now is I am left really wanting one of the 3speeds or a tank with the full option pack.... and I can't afford either [:(]

Cheers,

Chris

Yep - I think I've satiated my car "urges" by seeing everyone else's in the flesh - for a while anyway...

Loved your Hummer Chris, and was nice to see the other Chris' Rough Rider too. The Marder's were mental, and the tank and truck were different and interesting, although a bit too noisy for me lol.

Chris's Pajero was probably my favourite there (and I don't even like Pajero's that much!), and his 1:4 scale Viper was just very very wrong!!

I noticed there weren't that many buggy's (I saw a Hornet and a few of other buggies, not sure which ones - they all look alike to me hehe).

A handful of Daggers and Detonators, a few road cars and some other 4x4 trucks and cars rounded out the day.

Nice chatting to some of you :)

Wish I'd seen the Rough Rider in the flesh. I'm not really into buggies much, but I love the look of the Fast Attck Vehicle and I think I'm right in saying the Rough Rider is pretty much a civilian version of that.

If only Tamiya would re-release them, but I can't see it myself sadly. Looking forward to seeing some of the photos that perople were taking. I think Chris got some good after dark shots of various illuminated vehicles including my Hummer [:)]

Top venue, top day. Now I've just got to get the hose out to clear all of the mud off the cars we ran [:P].

ChrisB's Hummer headlights are something else [8D]. Had to wait before driving home until the 2 big white blobs had gone from my vision cos I looked straight at them when it was up the hill (that's my excuse for trying to reverse my real car up the bank and I'm sticking to it [:P]).

I was hoping to get some video, but the camcorder refused to turn on when I was there. Got home, switched it on and it was fine [?]. Top pics benj_sc, thanks for putting those up so quick. There's a few pics up in my showroom now.

great day guys, and great to finally put faces to names. Shame i missed the after dark lights action [V] ,but still an excellent day out for me and my dad, who especially like the aeromax! I also really liked belly's pajero!

Thaks for a great day out, hope to do it agin!

Looks like you all had a good time and sorry I didn't make it. No excuse really apart from the fact that the combination of a cold morning and a warm woman is not conducive to getting out of bed (not to mention the hangover - DOH)[:I][;)]

If another meet at the same venue materialises, I'll certainly be keen - might even have my 'big wheel, KBF body XC' project completed by then [;)]

benj_sc - great pics [8D] What camera did you use? A couple of the CR-V and Hummer ones look really realistic.

quote:
Originally posted by fury_dice
benj_sc - great pics [8D] What camera did you use? A couple of the CR-V and Hummer ones look really realistic.

id="quote">id="quote">

Thanks - I use a Fuji S5500, which is better than a standard point&shoot but is really at the low end of the "decent digital camera" spectrum. I'm just getting a feel for it, haven't had it long.

Some pics came out well, although others not so well - I haven't really done much motion photography yet so I still have some way to go. Besides, everyone was driving past so fast... :)

What a great day! Really nice meeting up with everyone. A big thanks to Gecko (Cliff) for fixing my steering which went on my first run! [:)] Will post some pictures too, but was having too much fun and didn't take that many [:D]. Look forward to the next one! Thanks everyone!!

Colin

Hi all.

What can I say that hasn't been said already???

Great day, great company, great terrain, and fine weather too (well, it didn't rain!!!).

I'm well impressed with my new built (well, it was this morning) hornet, and the punishment it took, and the lit up cars in the tunnel looked awesome.

I'd like to thank Chris (belly) for organising today, and look forward to the next one.

No worries about the repair Colin, that's what make sthis such a great hobby and club!!!!

Good to see you all, and hopefully won't be too long before we do it again.

btw, here's a link to some pictures the other Colin (laughing potato) took today.

http://www.rckingdom.co.uk/main/pictures/j...yout/index.html

Hi all, Many Thanks to everyone who came to our kent bash (you know who you all are, lol) Ive been looking at some of the pics that have been posted and i must say that benj sp has done a FANTASTIC job of capturing some of the fast moving cars and showing the great time had by most/all that were there, TOP MAN!! It was nice to actually meet alot of you in the flesh and to be able to put a name to a face. Well it sounds like most/all of you had a good time, so if you might like to see another bash held at this venue or maybe somewhere else in the Maidstone/Kent area let me know and we can try to get one sorted out for the summer!! I guess I had better get back to unpacking, cleaning and repairing. So until next time ratfans, see yawl later.....Chris

Gutted l couldn't make it [:(!] but car club stuff took president today. Belly.........don't leave it so long until the next one. l long to play with my toys with like minded people. My neighbours think l'm up to no good when l sneak off behind the garages[:I]

Stuart

After going flat out to get the mad bull, twin det, mod clod and monster beetle all 100% and ready to go, a combination of the flu and my work mobile (on call rota....) made the weekend an absolute misery and stopped me going. Better luck next time I suppose :/

Have to agree with all said before....it was an excellent day out.

Highlights of the day?....not breaking anything!, Gecko's Hornet doing the double jump (I think it spent more time in the air than on the ground), Bellys boot (was it possible to get anything else in there..an aladins cave) and meeting fellow enthusiasts (nutters!).

Cant wait for the next one.

I've just started the cleanup operation now [:P]. Hopefully should have all the cars cleaned up ready for the Spring Drive [:D]

For those that have looked at the various pictures posted, it was my Nitro Thunder that was snapped in half[:0] In fact I had one of those days, still it's all part of the fun - so they say[:(] -. Great day, really enjoyed it and saw some really high quality RC's. Chris's white Pajero topped the day for me though[8D]

Hi all enjoyed the bash very much (my 1st)never seen a hornet fly like that before gecko[:D]and the marder,s were awesome.Special thanks to bellysgonnagetcha for selling me bits to 100% complete the pajero which was there on the day but too muddy to run(chicken) so i may have to get another[:P] i,ve got short video clips but i,m not a subscriber also to big to e mail any suggestions? thanks guy,s hope to do it again soon!! chris! (hint)

I think a repeat of the Kent Bash should definitely be in order, perhaps it can become regular like the Clumber meets. So, when shall we do the next one then - 27th Feb?? [:)]

Now you are talking Jozza - I think the 27th should be a goer for me. The cars are finally cleaned up and I want to try out the increased ground clearance mods on my TL-01 Impreza. Hopefully the aluminium turnbuckle set will be fitted by then too.

If I'm lucky I may also have fitted some lights of similar power to theose on the Hummer to my Alfa GTA by then [:D]

Cheers,

Chris