BellysGonnaGetchya!

Fancy a bash in Kent?

hi i know it's short notice but me and a freind of mine are going to chattenden race track 2moz (thursday) at about 3ish just for a mess about be good if some peole that are free could come along for a small meet. ;)

hi ya guys i have posted a few pics from the last bash on the ukrcrc forum if ppl want to have a look they are in the events/meets section under kent/medway crawling. as yet i,m still no further on finding out about the owner of the site but i am working on it and will let u know on progress as soon as i have any. i would imagine if we do get permision all users will have to sign a disclaimer so that we cant sue the landowner if anyone was to get hurt. if this is the case then the site may have to be opperated with some sort of membership so that someone can keep tabs on who does and doesn,t have permision to be there i.e we dont want to get the blame for someone thats nowt to do with us running over someones dog with a savage ect

cheers difflockxc (Graham)

Afraid i wont be able to make this weekend, going up to see buzz and play in the Discovery at the proper off road site at wildtracks (just round the corner from the EB site) then gonna hit a few bootfairs in the am sunday morning then spend the rest of the weekend at my parents place.

Hope you have fun regardless, Weather is meant to be poo fri/sat dunno about the rest of the BH weekend.

Does anyone have any problems with future KB's being held on Saturdays instead of the usual sundays??? I know a couple of people cant make sundays and mine may be getting more tied up in the future with off roading and green laning events.....

The bash site that Graham. I and a couple of the UKRCRC went to the other day seems a pretty good venue for buggies, crawlers, xc's, large scales, pretty much everything, Graham is looking into who owns the land now so maybe we can get permission to run fuel driven stuff in the future, but for now lets keep it to lecky stuff so as not to annoy anyone or draw attention to ourselves.

As its quite out of the way and the only people who go there are locals walking their dogs and a few motorbikes from time to time it may well be the ideal place to set up a permanent xc/crawler course, The only downside is that is very sandy being an old sand quarry, Great for the faster buggies and trucks but im thinking a crawler course may be trashed each and every time we go play, resulting in having to set out a new course each bash date, Not a huge prob I know as I used to have to turn up a hour early and rebuild the xc course at Penenden Heath each bash. It may also be fun not to use the exact same track/course each and every time.....

There is a huge wide open and very flat area if anyone would want to make an impromptue buggy/rally track, a nice big bank in the middle of the site for some huge and impressive jumps, and for the more adventerous is a great walk around the perimiter of the quarry with crawlers, xc's or trials making and discovering new routes as you walk around....

Let me know what you all think of the idea and Il try and get some piccies sorted asap for you all to see..

Cheers.....Chris

The wife has decided that "WE" are busy doing family stuff over Easter now <_< I like the sound of this new venue you are talking about Chris, will keep an eye on this thread for the next meet there....

hi all just a little update on the quarry site. it appaers to be owned by lafarge aggregates (formerly redlands) so i will send them an email asap asking for permission to use the site for rc meets and see what they say. as always i,ll update as soon as i get any more info

oh yeah chris ur axial is now famous as i entered the pic of it upside down in the rabbit hole in the ukrcrc ride of the month comp lol :lol:

as promissed updates as i have them.got a phone number and spoke to someone from the Lafarge estates dept today and they asked me to put the request in writing so that it can be passed on to the person who can deal with it best so its a case now of wait and see and fingers crossed

hi ya guys sadly not good news on the quarry site i recived a reply today from Lafarge stating that they have already had numerous requests for use of the site and at the mo cant give permision for anyone. so it appears that its gona be a case of go there entirely at own risk as i have said i have been using this site for years with no complaints but i,ll leave it up to you

hi ya guys sadly not good news on the quarry site i recived a reply today from Lafarge stating that they have already had numerous requests for use of the site and at the mo cant give permision for anyone. so it appears that its gona be a case of go there entirely at own risk as i have said i have been using this site for years with no complaints but i,ll leave it up to you

Thats a bummer!! Top marks for trying tho matey......

hi all i know its short notice again but there is going to be a get togther tomorow with some of the ukrcrc guys if anyone is interested have a look on the ukrcrc forum in the events/meets section under medway/kent crawling for more info should be a good meet and the more the merrier hope to see some of you there

i have found a couple of other potential sites and will try to get in toutch with the owners hopefully with better results than the quarry as they are farmers that i know vaguely. also at some point i intend to have another small get together at the quarry for a scale trials comp i.e. out with the big cocktailsticks and 1/2 tennis balls if anyone is up for it let me know and we can arange a date and time

hi all a little update for anyone interested in coming to the scale trails comp it is going to be held on either 16th or 23rd at either the warren ashford or penenden heath maidstone (i have abandoned the quarry site as ther may be quite alot of ppl so the other sites may be better suited) if anyone has a preference then let me know and we can see what can be done

I might be able to come down and play.

Currently I have cars in two different houses (not touched since last kent bash) and a list of diy which is far too long..

But if its good weather why not play cars instead. :)

Anyone fancey a bash on Sat 9th May in Maidstone? Either Penenden heath or the tarmac road just round the corner!!

Sounds good to me, although I think the Park and ride is open on Saturdays so we may not be able to use the tarmac area

Anyone fancey a bash on Sat 9th May in Maidstone? Either Penenden heath or the tarmac road just round the corner!!

Can't do that Saturday, taking the boy to the Hop Farm for a Scouts meeting thing! would of loved to have come...... :(

Will see if I can get out of it :P I start my new job on Tuesday and not sure if they expect me to work at the weekend as they are part way into a major maintenance shutdown..... :unsure:

hi all sorry wont be able to make it for the 9th however the scale meet is gona be on the 16th at the warren ashford from 12ish onwards anyone with a scaler welcome hope to see some of you there

Right then chaps, Time for a head count for Sat @ Penenden heath........... Me = 1

I reckon I have a fair chance of making an appearance Chris, will see what happens at work tomorrow then i'll commit one way or the other.......hope to come though, what time were you thinking?

I reckon I have a fair chance of making an appearance Chris, will see what happens at work tomorrow then i'll commit one way or the other.......hope to come though, what time were you thinking?

I guess il get down there between 9/9:30

Count me in, just need to get my new Spekrum dx3s radio installed in time. Has anyone installed telemetry senors before? It doesn't look like its going to be a simple task.

Count me in, just need to get my new Spekrum dx3s radio installed in time. Has anyone installed telemetry senors before? It doesn't look like its going to be a simple task.

fraid not matey, Ive no idea!!

Sorry chaps, can't do tomorrow :lol: will be at the Warren next Saturday if anyone is interested though :lol: