BellysGonnaGetchya!

Fancy a bash in Kent?

Weather report.....

I'm 10 mins away from the Heath, woke up to heavy rain :P it's just stopped and although the sky is blue some orrible looking clouds are heading this way :blink:

Well that was wet! good to catch up with Chris and the guys though.......hopefully next time will be drier :)

Well that was wet! good to catch up with Chris and the guys though.......hopefully next time will be drier :)

LOL, Im still wringing my pants out, LOL.

You didnt miss much Jozza, It got well and truly rained off in the end!

I ran 4 cars and 2 got smashed up (1 not my fault tho)

I think the next Bash will be about 2 weeks before crimbo and will be at a big sand pit near Charing (half way between Maidstone and Ashford) Il sort out all the finer details nearer the time but its a great place for Buggies, Short course trucks, Monsters, Crawlers and a great place for XC's I think it would be best if we dont allow Nitros or large Scale for the time being as we dont wanna offend the locals too much!

Im off to dry myself off now and unload the car,

Cheers for coming today fellas, shame about the weather.

Untill next time......Take it easy.....Chris

LOL, Im still wringing my pants out, LOL.

You didnt miss much Jozza, It got well and truly rained off in the end!

I ran 4 cars and 2 got smashed up (1 not my fault tho)

I think the next Bash will be about 2 weeks before crimbo and will be at a big sand pit near Charing (half way between Maidstone and Ashford) Il sort out all the finer details nearer the time but its a great place for Buggies, Short course trucks, Monsters, Crawlers and a great place for XC's I think it would be best if we dont allow Nitros or large Scale for the time being as we dont wanna offend the locals too much!

Im off to dry myself off now and unload the car,

Cheers for coming today fellas, shame about the weather.

Untill next time......Take it easy.....Chris

I'm back at home now, and its "beeping" sun is out lol

Right, I need to get myself an XC and find one of those £40ish RTR brushless motor sets.

Is the ones you are talking about? -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EzRun-RC-Car-Truck-3...=item2ea900abc1

Is a 9t ok for putting a slash, rally car etc?

Cheers

Andy

I'm back at home now, and its "beeping" sun is out lol

Right, I need to get myself an XC and find one of those £40ish RTR brushless motor sets.

Is the ones you are talking about? -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EzRun-RC-Car-Truck-3...=item2ea900abc1

Is a 9t ok for putting a slash, rally car etc?

Cheers

Andy

Thats them, and the seller I used too. Gone up a bit though, probably due to the weak pound :)

Thanks, I take it that 9t is ok?

Looks like the cheapest CC01 i can get is a Touareg for £149, unless anyone know where I can find one cheaper?

might part with a NIB re-release Pajero if you are interested?

The Touareg is £149 at Fusion, take off 10% for TC membership takes it to about £135 :)

The 9T is fine....

hi guys sorry i didnt make it to the last bash however i fully intend to be there for the next one any chance of it being on a saturday as my sundays are fully booked with church and family

cheers difflockxc (graham)

Saturdays aren't great for me to be honest, have to take the kids to do their stuff on Saturdays, Tennis, ballet dancing etc....................

might part with a NIB re-release Pajero if you are interested?

The Touareg is £149 at Fusion, take off 10% for TC membership takes it to about £135 :D

The 9T is fine....

Right guys, just got myself a Touareg. What mod's do you recommend I do?

I am already doing the following -

• Rubber sealed bearings
  • Locked rear diff
  • Waterproof ESC
  • Plastic box to seal the Radio gear
  • Putting sealer round any joints

Any idea's on how best to waterproof the servo

Cheers

Andy

• Rubber sealed bearings
  • Locked rear diff
  • Waterproof ESC

Cheers

Andy

Fill the front diff with bluetack, hot glue gun glue or anything that can be removed if you decide to change your mind.

Get yourself a crawler or lathe motor, I'm at work at the mo but I will see if I have a spare one at home.

As for the servo you can use a balloon but to be honest I have never had an xc steering servo die on me! A good cheap metal geared servo is the tower pro 995, only about £12 so even if it does die it won't break the bank unlike the hitec 745mg which is fantastic but costs about £50! The tower pro is a bit slower than the 645 but you don't need speed in a crawler.

I wouldn't bother with the steering mod until you really need to.

There are a few more bits and bobs you can do but it means cutting plastic about so il show you a couple of mine, then you can decide if you wanna do it.

I would however cut the tyres, there are some tips and hints in my showroom that I did to the Custard toerag.

• Rubber sealed bearings
  • Locked rear diff
  • Waterproof ESC

Cheers

Andy

When you build the Touareg body, leave the little bit off that you are supposed to "servo tape" onto the rear end, it will only get ripped off anyway, you might also need to do a bit of strategic clearance trimming to the body ;)

Look forward to seeing it running at the next KB :D

Thanks for the advices. Now just need to finish building it.

any news on a set date for the quarry meet so i can try to pursuade the mrs to let me come hope to be bringing my rc4wd diablo, my one and only xc and if i haven,t sold it the desert gator

would you like me to bring my gate markers along too as it apears there,s going to be a healthy amount of scalers atending so we could have an informal trials comp course

any news on a set date for the quarry meet so i can try to pursuade the mrs to let me come hope to be bringing my rc4wd diablo, my one and only xc and if i haven,t sold it the desert gator

would you like me to bring my gate markers along too as it apears there,s going to be a healthy amount of scalers atending so we could have an informal trials comp course

Looks like my weekend off will be the 19/20 Dec, So how does the 20th sound to you guys, Im afraid I cant really do the Sat but if majority would prefer the Sat then I will organise it!

We can make this the official 2009 Crimbo Kent Bash! LOL

Not sure if I will have my SC10 running by then after I snapped the chassis at the last wet bash, as there are no Chassis in the UK as yet and the one ive had to buy from the states is taking its time to arrive, fingers crossed tho!

I suggest meeting up @ the Maidstone services for lets say 9:30 as this will get us to the bash site for about 9:50 and it means no-one will have to get up too early!

Let me know what you guys think!!

Looks like my weekend off will be the 19/20 Dec, So how does the 20th sound to you guys, Im afraid I cant really do the Sat but if majority would prefer the Sat then I will organise it!

We can make this the official 2009 Crimbo Kent Bash! LOL

Not sure if I will have my SC10 running by then after I snapped the chassis at the last wet bash, as there are no Chassis in the UK as yet and the one ive had to buy from the states is taking its time to arrive, fingers crossed tho!

I suggest meeting up @ the Maidstone services for lets say 9:30 as this will get us to the bash site for about 9:50 and it means no-one will have to get up too early!

Let me know what you guys think!!

Sounds good to me, the Touareg is almost finished . Do you have any of those 7.2v 4500mAh NiMh batts left?

Sounds good to me, the Touareg is almost finished . Do you have any of those 7.2v 4500mAh NiMh batts left?

Yep certainly do matey, Just let me know how many your after and il put them aside for you

Looking forward to this one Chris.....

Could you set aside some Deans connectors for me please mate.

Looking forward to this one Chris.....

Could you set aside some Deans connectors for me please mate.

Me too fella, No worries with the deans, just let me know how many you want and il bring them along with me!

well i,m gutted i,ve just been daignosed with swine flu so unless the tamiflu works realy quick i,m gona have to miss this one <_< hope ypu guys have a great time and i,ll have to catch you in the new year

Yep certainly do matey, Just let me know how many your after and il put them aside for you

Just one at the moment, thanks

good news the tamiflu has worked wonders and other than a very slight cough i,m back to normal so should be able to pop along even if its only for a couple of hours :)

I'm up for this! (Yes, yes I've been 'away' for a bit.. been a bit of a mad couple of months)

Will be bringing:

Monster Anglia

King Beetle

Falcon Beetle (now with 23T BZ and sand paddle tyres a la HPI Firestorm)

AX10

Scorcher Frog

and Beetle Bull B)