BellysGonnaGetchya!

Fancy a bash in Kent?

Kent Bashing people.

Now as you all know, in England we get a bit of snow from time to time and with the "light" dusting that lands it brings this country to a stand still. Are we all still on for it?

Stuart

So long as it's not too bad to drive down I'll be there for sure [:D]. If ChrisB has his Blizzard ready, and there was another Blizzard owner there last time, they can plough the paths before we drive our cars and trucks anyway [:D]

I reckon the best bet is to review the weather situation on Saturday and then we can all decide whether it's still on. If there is proper snow and it's not too bad to drive there it should be fun, don't get the chance to drive the cars in snow that often!

Well, I'm still up for it and as Jozza says I'm desperate to try the Blizzard out anyway [:P]. Also have my recently modded SCooby now sporting rally blocks and increased ride height plus adjustable upper turn buckles so looking good for me.

Will bring the trusty Hummer with me too, although I might leave the Alfa at home this time.

I'll probably still head along even if there are only a few others. Even if the snow is deep its the ideal surface for the Blizzard and also my Hovercraft.

As Jozza says lets review maybe Saturday afternoon evening and see what the concensus is. At the moment in SE London all the snow has melted and its raining [V], but it is supposed to get a lot colder tomorrow.

Well from the sound of the weather forecast it looks like it might not be too bad at the weekend, looks as though Sunday may even be dry and bright. Unless there is a drastic change in the weather, I'm definitely up for it. What about everyone else??

I'm still up for this, and to be honest it doesn't look like there is much more snow on the cards. Hopefully it'll be reasonably dry too [;)].

As is the way with my life l am hoping that l can get the 5 door fixed. Having mechanical problems with the carb or something and don't fancy bouncing my way down to Kent. So it's fix car or borrow another. Oh did l mention that l am still very much up for it? l didn't buy another Brat to not use it off road.

Guys,

was down at the venue yesterday, all the snow has cleared...but it is very muddy so you may want to bring wellies!

See you all tommorrow.

My 5 door is fixed!!!!! Change of carb and all is well :) but sadly with all this car stuff going on and helping a mate fit neons to a car (I'm tempted for the 504) l have had little time to go out and buy more batteries so l am limited to just 3 + 1 old one. I'm so excitted :):):):) about tomorrow.

So it's muddy. May not bring the Quattro then but instead l will have the Monster Beetle, red Brat, Lancia and Barbie.

Stuart

Hi All, Im afraid I wont be able to make this one as I have been asked to work this weekend (******!!!!) But when you have only been working 1 or 2 days a week for the past 7-8 months and still get paid 39 hrs you cant really afford to rock the boat too much ;-). No wonder the british railway system is so messed up eh!! with enough warning i will book the weekend off for the next one, hopefully it will be a little drier and you will all be able to see the the new 6x6 xc project running around. Already tried it on Thursday with Andy (80skid)and his wife and it seems to work really well but was verry slippery and muddy so traction was a slight prob. Anyway for those of you who go on Sunday, sorry I wont be there and have a great time!!.....Chris

I'll be there too, but not sure what time as I haven't had a chance to sort anything tonite, will have to do it in the morning.[:(]

looking forward to seeing you all again tho.

I'll be running less than I hoped, too much to fix and not enough time to fix it hehe, but I'll be there with Twin Detonator, Wild Dagger, Monster Beetle, Baja Champ, Leo-X, Mini-T, Pumpkin, maybe the Clod too. No flashy lighty things though, didn't have time to wield the soldering iron tonight (I doubt that the lights would show through the mud anyway [;)]). Should be there about 9:30-10:00 ish.

Sorry you couldn't make it BellysGonnaGetchya, but it looks like this is going to become a regular venue so look forward to seeing you there next time. I reckon it'll be a just-over-a-monthly meet, next one at the beginning of April maybe.....

Looking forward to seeing whoever else is there, catch y'all tomorrow.

Cliff - just seen your showroom and your recent Unimog purchase for the trailer project. Do the Amber flashing beacons on that work, and if so did you keep the lights and the circuit?

If so I'll give you a few quid for them for my Blizzard, (which will also be coming along tomorrow btw, although not painted).

I am hoping to get there around 9.30 ish and spoke to one other TC guy, Justin, who is also coming along and bringing his Nitro Blizzard I hope!!!!

Praying the mud is not too bad as it took me forever to clean up just the Scooby and the Hummer last time, and it wasn't even that wet [8)].

Chris

l am looking forward to the mud. Barbie needs a mud pack and l need a really good excuse to strip the Brat down.

My boxes are packed and the cars are sort of ready.

10.00 > 10.30 is my ETA

quote:Originally posted by Brat Attack

My boxes are packed and the cars are sort of ready.

id="quote">id="quote">Hehe, you're a lot more prepared than me then [:P].

Chris, if you need some lights done for the Blizzard, we can chat tomorrow and I'll put something together for you mate [8D].

Thanks for the offer Jozza, might pick your brains on the flashing beacons, but have already identified the gear I need from Conrad.de, just not sure I can justify the cost [8)].

Thought maybe if Cliff's Unimog had amber beacons that worked then that might be a cheap alternative.

My batteries (all 3 of them - LOL) are charged and ready to go and both of the Tx's are getting a topup overnight. Probably won't bring the hovercraft as it is still not setup right and unpainted, plus I keep crashing the **** thing everytime I fire it up - its a tad tricky to control in a confined area - tends to run with the slope wherever you are!!! Plus its LiPo powered and charging them is a hassle as I can't leave them unattended..... **** getting lazy in my old age [;)].

Sorry Chris (BellysGonnaGetcha) can't make it, as the Kent Bash instigator we all have a lot to thank you for mate. Unlike some of you guys I don't have kids to use an "excuse" for getting the ole Tamiyas out, so always feel less conspicuous if there are a few other people running their "toys" at the same time [:)]

See you all tomorrow.

I reckon you should be able to do the flashing beacons for pennies! I've got a circuit in a mag somewhere - if I can dig it out for tomorrow I will.

PS - It's snowing in essex at the moment [:D]

Well it's 6:54am and the snow is coming down heavy now. But I'm still going to be there so I hope to see anyone else mad enough to brave the blizzards [:D]. See you all there in a couple of hours [8D]

Yes, we still intend to be there as well. The way the snow is melting on my patio the roads shouldnt be too bad...lets hope so.

Well, just a light dusting here in central London - I'll be heading off in the next 30 mins or so.

Chris

What a brilliant day and an excellent turn out.

Highlights of the day...Brat Attacks barbie going through the mud, the Jugg and TXT pulling wheelies together, the nitro Beetle with reverse gear..to name but a few.

Just cant wait till the next one!

Yep, considering the awful weather, top marks to all who braved it [^]. Great fun snow driving (though a combination of probs with cars meant I didn't get a lot of driving in), and it was great to meet up again. Hopefully the next time we go there it might be just a little warmer though! Thanks to all who were there, another great day [:D].

Great day (again) despite the weather! Left home from sunny SE London with just a nip in the air and not a trace of snow..... 1hour later in the midst of Kent in almost a blizzard [xx(].

Good chance to give the ole Kyosho Blizzard a good run in its native environment - only thing is having seen Justin's nitro Blizzard and Cliff's electric Blizzard in action I feel I need a bit more speed so will probably be sticking a 19T motor in there at some stage [:P].

Ran my recently modded rally spec TL-01 Scooby and was really pleased with the way the mods allowed it to cope with some pretty tough conditions without grounding out. Hummer also went well, until the receiver started glitching due to the ice / slush pack forming inside the bodyshell [:0]. Both of the recievers in the Scooby and the Hummer got a good soaking despite being bagged up which cut my running time a bit short earlier than planned. Going to have to apply more though to a waterproof box as used on my Blizzard I think.

Great to see everyone again and to meet a few people I missed last time. Impressive turnout (approx 10 people there most of the time) considering the weather and a good range of vehicles being run.

I've put some pics and some short vids in my showroom if anyone wants more mementos from the day [:)]

hi there good to meet up with a friendly bunch of rc blokes ........ and snow was an added bonus for me and my cars, great to see a good mix of rc stuff runnin around

here here. Had a great day out and cheers to all who braved the snow. It's good to meet up with you. l got there at 9.15 and thougth "great....just me then" but that all changed and only for the better. Brat totally trashed and Babs is in rehab. Still at least the Monster beetle and Lancia 037 Turbo came out on the other side. That needs more power!!!!! date for the next one? my diary is open and pre-planned events will be missed for a TC meet :)

Stuart

p.s lets hope it's not quite so muddy next time. l am about to tackle the Brat clean up and don't fancy doing what l have to do again.

quote:Originally posted by Brat Attack

here here. Had a great day out and cheers to all who braved the snow. It's good to meet up with you. l got there at 9.15 and thougth "great....just me then" but that all changed and only for the better. Brat totally trashed and Babs is in rehab. Still at least the Monster beetle and Lancia 037 Turbo came out on the other side. That needs more power!!!!! date for the next one? my diary is open and pre-planned events will be missed for a TC meet :)

Stuart

p.s lets hope it's not quite so muddy next time. l am about to tackle the Brat clean up and don't fancy doing what l have to do again.

id="quote">id="quote">Hehe, Barbie had quite a bad hair day [:P]. I was surprised at how clean my Twin Det and Dagger were after running - last time the Det was just a large clod of mud when I got it home, so less cleaning for me this time. It probably helped that I had mechanical probs so they didn't have time to get muddied up too badly.

I think that we should do the Kent venue regularly on a monthly or 6 weekly repeat. Perhaps we should set it for the last Sunday of every month during the Spring/Summer season?