Sign in to follow this  
Toykid

Beach drive at Malibu

Great,

Yes, I'm looking forward to it.

Just let me know when and where.

Thx Guys to make this happen (soon hehe).

hsw21

I am assembling my scorcher this weekend, So count me in when you guys figure a date,

Oh and Jun I finished two of my M-chassis so let me know when you guys are going to do a parking lot run at the big M [;)]

have a lok in my showroom for my mini and fiat[:D]

Hi Matt,

I just checked out your M chassis runners, they look cool. I still need to get myself a good M-chassis for the Mattel club meet. I have to finish the SS first. Too much to do and not enough time! It is going to be great to get so many SS's on the beach. I can't wait.

James.

This get together sounds cool. Hopefully you guys can come up with a date which will work well for most who are interested

Matt, your M-chassis cars are SWEET! Are those really Mattel circuit runners? I never thought I could flip my Mini...I was wrong! Hahaha! Don't get too close man, I've got a twitchy steering wheel...[;)]

James when are you gonna bust out a M-chassis? It's going to look good out there- we've got a few Minis and GTA's, S2000, and Adam's 20 M-chassis bodysets...heh~!

I just installed a ball diff in my M03 today, what a world of difference it makes. I've got way more pull in the corners now, perhaps enough to hold off Adam's 4WD M01!

Speaking of the Malibu meet, Jim, Matt, everyone...when's a good time for you guys?[?]

Hey Jun

Well i have a few M chassis Road warrior shells I may run, I will try to clean them up a bit, I have one that is a real monster LOL!! I just got a Xpress chassis from the bay, and i am trying to find a Kyosho Fiat 500 body for it:))

As far as dates go I am pretty much open, I really hope I can have my scorcher done in time, I just got a radio box to keep the salt water out:) if not I may have to bring my yellow and black super champ[;)] and maybe my bruiser as well, i havent done the body yet so if it gets a little scuffed no worries. This is great!!!![^][^][^][^][^] I am really excited about getting together. Look forward to meeting you and james face to face[:D] I hope you can make it Jim!![:D]

Hey Matt,

Great to hear you are getting an SS together. Jun and I are pushing each other ever week to see who can finish first, I am stuck looking for the small black rubber seal that the motor wires go through at the bottom of the radio box. Don't supposed you have a spare?

James.

hI james, sorry man I am using the only one I have, I am actually borrowing some pieces from a couple of my shelf cars to get my runner going[V] But It will be worth it:) I am trying to sort the steering bits right now, as soon as they are done then it is body work time[:)]

No worries Matt,

Let me know if you get stuck with anything.

James

Guys, I am having a badword of a time trying to get that SS motor cover over the motor...is it supposed to be flush with the gearbox? For the life of me, I can't get it to sit right. There's still about 2mm to go, I'm using a stock can 540. I tried trimming the motor tabs down and it still won't go all the way.

Oh well, I guess I'll get to the body instead! Hey, I don't have that rubber piece either, but at this point I've just about given up on those HTF parts! I think it's nothing a few layers of nitro tubing can't fix for now!

Hey Jun,

Bring your car in on Tuesday and we can compare it to mine to see what's up. Oh and I need to get you to show me how to weld my Blitzer shell body holes.

James.

Sounds good James, Our Scorchers can finally meet, heh!

We can work on your Blitzer body during lunch if you like! [8D]

Guys

That place in Malibu,

Is the "playground" kinda close to where we gonna park our car at ?

I was thinking since we gonna run all electric stuff, either we bring along a lot of fully charge battery packs, or it is close enough to our car to recharge the packs.

Thx

TamiyaRC,

The beach is very close to your car, you'll just have to walk a short hill. Your car will literally be 50 feet away so no worries.

Hey, let me know the details of this ...I'll try to show up with one of my cars (whichever I can fit into my backpack). I'd like to bring my King Blackfoot, but might end up with my Losi if the KB won't fit. ...one of the drawbacks of riding motorcycles. [:)]

Hey guys,

How about we commit to a date? How does Saturday April 23rd sound? Plenty of time to take care of your projects, warn your signifcant others and add those final touches to your beach runners to make this the best Tamiya beach outing ever! If you can commit let's hear an "I'm in"! [8D]

I am in too!!

Anyone help me finding some rear shocks for my SS and a set of four springs and collars, or after market shocks, for my Tomahawk?

James

That sounds pretty good to me. Its 354 miles drive for me though.

Jim,

Have you considered taking a flight? If you look now you might be able to get a cheap ticket for the day? I can pick you up at the airport as I live minutes away from LAX. Just an idea if you want to consider.

The thought of packing priceless toys in luggage is a bit scary though!

quote:Originally posted by cardesigner

Jim,

Have you considered taking a flight? If you look now you might be able to get a cheap ticket for the day? I can pick you up at the airport as I live minutes away from LAX. Just an idea if you want to consider.

The thought of packing priceless toys in luggage is a bit scary though!

id="quote">id="quote">

I was thinking about driving down early with Shodog Jr. in the morning, play during the day then get a hotel stay for the night and driving back the next day.

Is there any Hotels/Motels near the beach we will be running at?

Jim

I think I can make it. I'll probably just bring my King Blackfoot, it's never been to the beach, but housl be good for running around in the sand! ;)

Count me in! Hopefully my Monster Beetle will be restored by then. I'll also be bringing a Wild One, TL01-T,and a TLT-10. Finally, rock crawlin with the Jun bug.

Yooohhooo

I think I can make it too.

Just tell me where's the place and how to get there.

What time ?

hsw21

Looks like it's going to be a great turnout! [8D]

Again, perfect photo ops here- bring the pretty ones if you've got 'em!