Sign in to follow this  
Toykid

Beach drive at Malibu

Here's an area that might need a bit of attention- should we clarify what channels our cars are running on?

I joked about my SS submerging itself in the water but I hope not because someone switched their radio on! Should we have some sort of frequency callout/pegboard/etc? It can get messy out there if 10+ people are all out running at once.

Just a thought, or should we not even worry about it...

I just got off the phone with my friend from the VW design center...we might have some VW/Audi designers checking out our event! Make sure those Scorchers are shiny![8D]

Hi All.

Can someone give me the info about the place ?

Whats the name of the place, what the address, how to get there (since the place is kinda tricky to get ?), what time its gonna be, etc ?

I already get the permit from soomeone else in the house (a.k.a mrs. wife) so I better go there and find the place.

Thx

hsw21

Ah man!

Jun, I have just looked at my calendar and I am not going to be able to make the meet. I am going to be in London on business from the 22nd to the 27th!!

What! first I ahve to bail on your B'day now this. I can't believe I didn't spot the date clash earlier. Is it too late to push the date out to the following weekend guys? If not I am going to have to miss this one.

Stupid.

James.

James,

I'll leave it up to the others since my schedule is flexible. Jim, Matt, etc...your thoughts? I'm open to it, I could use another week to really finish off my cars (and everyone else's!) and not rush them. I know guys like Felix, Adam and Ryu might need an extra week to make their cars cherry (or running condition)! James I really think you should be there, as the co-organizer of this, it's going to be a landmark event for us west coast tamiya guys!

If everyone else is OK pushing it back another week, then let's really COMMIT to it, everyone check your calendars, make sure it's clear, and inform the wives you'll be out for the day. otherwise it might never happen! Your thoughts, everyone? ;)

Hi Jun,

thanks, kind super stupid that I co-organised this for a date I wouldn't even be in the country. How dumb can a man get. So guys let em know if we can push it out, if not I fully understand and I will justr have to wait until the next one, and there will definately be a next one.

James.

I need to know ASAP as that weekend and the following weekend (23rd and 30th) are both TC meets and my girlfriend's birthday. I had scheduled my girl's birthday for the 30th but if we're going to change it to that day, then I'll reschedule her occasion on the 23rd. I know, selfish of me to plan my girl around TC but she's just as excited for this TC thing for me as I am, so she's all for it. So please let's come to a decision within the next day or two or I'll have to bail myself! [:(] James, you've gotta be there. Let's call it for the 30th, can everyone make that and settle on it? I need to rearrange my plans, sorry for any inconvenience this causes but I REALLY want this to happen! [8D]

The drive will be long for me so when I come down from Nor-cal, I want to be sure we have a killer turn out. I don't mind postponing for a while so that most will have their projects done and pick a date which works for everyone.

Jim

Oh man, now I'm screwed as well...I just spoke with my girlfriend and she already took the friday (29th) off. So I can't make the weekend of the 30th. [:(] So the 23rd or May 7th for me.

I hate to put this on you Jim but since you've got such a long drive, any input? We can do 23rd or the 30th but one of us (Toykid or myself) won't be there. Sorry for calling myself on the flexible schedule but unfortunately my girlfriend's schedule didn't turn out to be so flexy [:(] If we do the 7th I think that's more than enough time to have everyone ready to go?

I could do it either 4/30 or May 5/21.

Jim

Well, I live westside and work right next to those VW/Audi guys so any time is fine with me. I'll probably be bringing a co-worker with who will *probably* have an E-Maxx by then. :) Are we talking about Zuma Beach? or where exactly? ...Leo Carillo??? :)

Alright, looks like the 30th? Maybe we can do another on the 21st of May?

Sorry guys but I won't make it if we do it on the 30th, I'll be out of town w/ my girlfriend. I'll catch the next one! [8D]

No pressure from me whatever date works for you guys:)

I could use the extra time to work on my cars as well:)

[:D]

I am with Matt on this. I would rather wait and pick a date that works for the majority. how about may or June timeframe?

That sounds good guys. Let's just call it by ear for now since everybody's a bit occupied. I also spoke to some other scorcher guys here at work and they won't even be done in time for an event this month. In the meantime James and I spoke and mentioned that we might have a mini-meet locally in the beaches here in El Segundo just to get some sand going. I know I'll have mine in the sand this weekend at Pismo!

Hmmm, did i hear June?...That would be cool, since ill be in Cali for a month hopefully, maybe i could bring some of the old gear that ive collected but forgotten about [:)]

Hey Cardesigner maybe you could provide us with a little of entertainment and show how to romp it on grass?..lol [:D] j/k

Did someone say drive session right on. I would be in for something in may. I will be out of town from Memorial Day Weekend through june 5th. I need a harddate assp so I can take the day off.

Shodog if you need a couch to crash on I have space.

BTW who works at Mattel?

FYI SOUTH BAY KIDS/ADULTS WHO ARE STILL KIDS.

When Stulec was down to visit I took him over the Beryl Hights Elem. That school is a blast to run cars at. It has a great banked wall where you can drive up the side of the wall. Way too much fun. I think I have pics in my showroom.

Who works at Mattel? I do! I think Toykid and Lowtech do as well [;)] Not to mention a handful of others who are also Tamiya maniacs who haven't set up an account here yet.

Dirt Racer I'll be sure to give you a demo on how to romp in the grass. [8D]

quote:Originally posted by cardesigner

Who works at Mattel? I do! I think Toykid and Lowtech do as well [;)] Not to mention a handful of others who are also Tamiya maniacs who haven't set up an account here yet.

Dirt Racer I'll be sure to give you a demo on how to romp in the grass. [8D]

id="quote">id="quote">

-lol I got to test He-man and Intelvision(sp?) when I was a kid at the old mattel building east of the 405 building. Drop me a line next time you guys go driving in El Segundo.

Any update to this drive yet?? Another suggestion is the Hyperion Parking lot. Few people go there and it has a snack bar up top.

Hi snollan, where and what is the Hyperion parking lot ?

Is that a name of the building or a company or what ?

Thx

hsw21

Hyperion is the name of the poop plant on Vista Del Mar. It's the parking lot between Grand Ave(El Segundo) and Imperial HWY(Dockwiler). It's got small crowds on the weekend and is empty on weekdays.

I figured I'd post here since there hasn't been a whole lot of action in a while.

I've ran my SS and Brat in the sand last weekend and discovered 2 things:

1. Your car probably isn't as waterproof as you think it is!

2. Sand gets EVERYWHERE, I'd limit the runners because sand just destroys cars.

Having said that I'll probably only be running my SS and Brat in the sand now. They're both strong runners and they're already covered in sand, so I'll just keep my other runners out of the sand! I'll still bring the Bruiser and TLTF150 to play on the rocks and steep inclines.

Looks like we're going the end of May? So many people have jumped on board outside of this forum, I think the meet might get too big!