Sign in to follow this  
Toykid

Beach drive at Malibu

OK Guys how about the 27th or 28th of May? It will be the weekend after RCX.

James.

That may be doable for me ...just remember that it's Memorial Day weekend and the beaches (and traffic to/from the beaches) will be a beach! :)

-Z

I'm in. I don't have anything going on those days, and my lady will be in Japan visiting her parents so I've got the weekend free for RC. Let's get this going already!

Hi Guys,

Ok we are on for this Saturday. Jun, can you put a map together and post in on the club so everyone can work out how to get there?

James

Z is right, the traffic will be pretty bad this weekend.

I say we start early (as early as 9?) to avoid the rush. I'd say Leo Carillo Beach for sake of simplicity. I don't even really know how to get there, I've been there once or twice. Zenmoto, you seem to know the area well, can you provide some easy directions?

Personally I will only be able to run for a few hours and then I have to get back to my "construction site", ahem, I mean my kitchen! Should still be plenty of time out running and burning off a few packs.

Let's hear what the others have to say and we'll finalize tomorrow, (thursday) so everyone check back or email me junimaidesigns@hotmail.com

-Jun

I probably can't make it, as I'm moving Sunday. :) But Leo Carillo is easy enough to find. if you're coming from the valley take 101 W to Kanan Rd. South. (from Malibu or points South, just take PCH North) When you get to PCH, turn right (North) and take that until you get to Mulholland Hwy. There will also be a Campground on the right. You can flip a "U" and park on the shoulder. There is a lifeguard station with a tall flagpole on top of the bluf there, which makes it easy to spot. I don't know the availability of electricity there though.

A better bet might be Zuma as there are bathroom buildings with showers ...there *might* be outlets there, but I wouldn't bet on it. At least at Zuma there is a small strip mall across PCH with a Starbucks etc. ...probably a place to plug in there if need be. Zuma is just North of Kanan Rd. on PCH, Leo Carillo is still a few miles further North and might be a trek for folks coming from as far South as Torrence, ...it's all a serious haul from behind the Orange Curtain.

Have fun guys!

-Z

I'm out for the weekend. I leave for vacation Saturday morning. Make sure you guys shoot some pics and I'll catch you all next time.

Just had a word with Toykid and a few others and due to the Memorial weekend and lackluster response here, we're moving the event closer to our digs in El Segundo for saturday. We will have a proper Malibu meet in a few weeks when everyone can make it and the weather's better (looks like clouds tomorrow)

OK guys,

Felix and I just checked out the spot. We are going to go for a beach in El Segundo right in front of the "poop plant" This should ensure that we get a pretty clear beach as it is not the hottest of places to lay out and go swimming. It is a piece of cake to find. Just take Sepulveda Blvd south from the 105, take a right on Grand and follow Grand all the way to the coast. The parking is directly opposite where Grand hits the beach. We are going to be there for 9AM sharp either in the car park or down by life guard tower 60.

The beach looks sweet, we should get some great running. We just finished getting Felix's SS running and it goes like a charm. This should be a lot of fun!

So far we have confirmed:

James (toykid)

Felix

Jun (cardesigner)

Ryu

Here is a link to the map

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...=28052005023526

James

Just gotta say...anyone who didn't go missed out on some great laughs and awesome running! Being so close to our studio, I can see this happening very often!

Word of advice for anyone coming to the next meet- rubber bag everything, especially your receiver and ESC!

OK, good job evryone.

Now, when and where is the next one gonna be ?

Thanks.

Some of us have been running a few times a week. It probably helps that many of us like Toykid and I are also co-workers and we can literally be from studio to beach in less than 10 minutes! :)

Let's schedule a formal Los Angeles meet soon. Malibu may be reconsidered but so far El Segundo has been a great place, without the Malibu crowds and it's also much closer to freeway access.

Any thoughts?

I would be very interested to go if there is another meet. I totally missed out on the last one you guys had. I have a desert Hummer and a project Hummer H2 I'd like to bash around the sand.

Hi Guys,

Some more pics posted for you. How not to jump a scorcher, sure this pic looks fine, but you should see what happens next. Believe it or not it rolled out safe and sound.

SS02a.jpg

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...id=34654&sid=50

And here is the video that Cardesigner (Jun) posted for us.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/moviecomment.asp?id=787&uid=7011

Enjoy.

I have recently rebuilt my Sand Scorcher, so I'm ready to go again. James, what do you think?

Would someone please send me an email when you have a date for another El Segundo meet. I'd love to attend. Thanks!

-Alex

www.InetRC.com

I think a proper Socal meet is in order. We really need to get everyone this time. Shodog you got some time coming up? Alex, we will definitely keep you posted! Will you be bringing some pieces from your immaculate showroom?

Also of interest is a trials meet, as Toykid has his Hilux up and running and I have my Hardcore Hilux running as well.

C'mon Socal guys, let's all chime in on when everyone is available to do some running so we can show how we do here in the west! :) How about Saturday, Aug. 20?

I won't have any time in the near future. My bro and I will be renovating one of my parents properties so that we can sell it for the crazy price we are asking. So pretty much the next two months are a no go for me. But don't let that stop you guys

Jim

Man, I wish it will be on the first week of September. I'll be available by then [:(]..

Any day/time is fine with me. I'll bring a couple of trucks/cars to run, but if there's anything in my showroom anyone would like to see up close and personal, just let me know and I'll bring it. Thanks!

-Alex