Mad Zero

Eastern Bash (Red Lodge, Suffolk)

First off I must say I'm glad I subscribed to this topic, because I'd have looked a bit of a **** at Snetterton on Sunday wondering where everyone was.

Anyway :lol:

I shall be bringing:

Broken Non ReRe Pumpkin (needs a little brass ball joint for the steering if anyone has one, if not, even more comedy driving)

Sonic Fighter

TB01 sans Shell (why? Why not!)

TA02 with Merc shell, possibly preview of Mad Max shell wheels (if it dries)

Pajero Metal Top

306 Maxi

Ansmann Master Smacker

Kyosho PureTen Alpha (selling it, need to test it!)

Mondeo Diesel (1:1)

It should be noted that I will probably drive about 3 of these, but I might as well stick them in the boot :o

Batteries

Charger

I like my photography so I'll be snapping away and will be happy to mail photos to anyone who wants them, or I'll put them on my web site.

Is there a map somewhere for those of us who haven't been before? I know red lodge but not where you guys go.

Cheers,

Dave

Is there a map somewhere for those of us who haven't been before? I know red lodge but not where you guys go.

It's basically the rear of the truck stop, opposite the Red Lodge transport cafe/Red Lodge inn, on the main road ... well, the old main road, not the A11/bypass :lol:

I would post a photo that would explain all but the casual (and usually absent) badword who designed this site & TC Photos made it such an badword to use I can't be bothered :lol:

About here you mean?

Clicky

Who needs photos when Google has been *everywhere* :lol:

It was a Google photo :o

Anyone got a TL01 / M03 rear upright they don't want ?

I need one for a project, if anyone has one kicking around in usable condition please bring it along, Ta.

I've just been looking at the Eastern Bashers SIG on TC.

I'm going to break things on Sunday aren't I?

Things like......all of my cars.

Including my 1:1 if the pictures of that Metro are anything to go by!!

Looking forward to it even more now ;)

Including my 1:1 if the pictures of that Metro are anything to go by!!

The ruts in the road will break your 1/1 car before you get there ;)

Sorry, don't think I can make this one, but should be at Snet in August :)

The ruts in the road will break your 1/1 car before you get there :)

Sorry, don't think I can make this one, but should be at Snet in August :)

That's a shame I wanted to see the brushless QD MB ;(

That's a shame I wanted to see the brushless QD MB ;(

I will bring it in August to Snetterton,

It is good fun, Just had a blast in the garden. :)

Hey!, you all have a great time tomorrow. :)

First off I must say I'm glad I subscribed to this topic, because I'd have looked a bit of a **** at Snetterton on Sunday wondering where everyone was.

You'd be the first ever person to do that - no-one's ever done _that_ before ;)

Broken Non ReRe Pumpkin (needs a little brass ball joint for the steering if anyone has one, if not, even more comedy driving)

Think I have one of those ... I'll pop it in a dodgy bag for you.

Anyone got a TL01 / M03 rear upright they don't want ?

I need one for a project, if anyone has one kicking around in usable condition please bring it along, Ta.

Ditto :)

I've just been looking at the Eastern Bashers SIG on TC.

I'm going to break things on Sunday aren't I?

Well, it's not compulsory ;)

I've thouroughly emptied my bowels, so now I just have to completely fill my boot & I'll be off ;)

TMI? :)

I've thouroughly emptied my bowels, so now I just have to completely fill my boot & I'll be off ;)

TMI? :)

Yes, MUCH too much! :)

Oh and don't even THINK about turning up without my LB bodypost! ;)

See you all soon! ;)

Well I think I finally got all the dust out of my hair, eyes, nose & mouth. :)

A fun mornings bash I'd say, casualties today:

The 19t Dynasty motor in the Munchkin is in dire need of a rebuild, so poor was it's performance, it looked like it had a 380 in there.

Lost a screw from the upper link of the Super Blackfoot & it spat the dogbone, many thanks to Davecul's eagle eyes for finding that.

My toolbox finally fell apart (it's been threatening to do that for ages) stupid cheap piece of...........!!!!! :)

On the up side, I LURRRVE my brushless Blitzer. Wickedly fast, even though it only has a 9T EZRun in it. It got a little warm, but certainly not hot, and ran for a good 20 mins on a 3600NiMh. The pack got quite toasty, but all that power has to come from somewhere. ;)

Yes I enjoyed it [...cough....dust...choke...splutter...] and Dustbin was delighted to finally give the KSF a good run too! :)

My day's casualty was definately my charger - well more the fact it can't handle the cheap packs I have to run nowadays, consiquently I spent more time 'plugging' than 'playing' which was a pain but I'm working on finding a solution..

It was good to meet you Davecul - I hope you enjoyed the ballcock football! ;)

Finally, thanks to Jon for the LB bodypost and the use of the charger and to Russ for charging a stick for Dustbin!

I'm looking forward to the next one already just hope I can get some more cars running in time! :)

Thanks for opportunity to have a run out with my cars guys, was really good fun.

Except the dust, which did get everywhere!!

I didn't take anything home broken but there were some running repairs to the Master Smacker.

Didn't break the Pumpkin which I consider a major bonus, that normally rips a wheel off if I even look at it!

Having seen Brushless I am totally convinced. I can't decide if I should put it in the Ansmann (good spares availability for broken gearboxes and as you know it's already a bit broken!) or something more rough and tumble. Of course getting a brushless set means a spare 21T motor and speed controller. I'm seriously considering it for the Pumpkin, would it rip the gearbox to bits or be ok? It's fully ballraced already...

I have a TA02 which I have just got an F150 style set of wheels for, but I don't know if the gearbox would take the brushless power. Any thoughts?

I was so enjoying the day I went and took the Pajero out to my newly found spot at Felixstowe, I'll put some pictures up on TC later, but I think if there were only a few of us it could be a nice place to meet up on a sunny day, plus those of you with kids could bring the family and they'd have something to do :lol: There's a big market at Felixstowe on a Sunday plus the amusements and a small fairground for smaller kids.

The location (thanks again Google Maps!) can be seen here : Google Street View

Cheers,

Dave

Brushless Pumpkin's aren't new on here, probably the two best known ones belong to Mymonsterbeetleisbroken & TA-Mark

MMIB is an EB member too, we've seen his Pumpkin hit 40mph on the road at Red Lodge !!

The gearbox will be ok, although you may want to shim it just a fraction to improve the mesh, and increase the life of, the bevel gears in the diff (the axles slop about a bit too much). More significant are the required mods to the suspension etc in order to actually make use of all that power.

As a minimum, you will need the 3rd shock mod (many threads on here about that), foams & reinforcing tape in the tyres to stop them ballooning & flying off the rims. Next step is additional weight to make the rear end work and the CRP front suspension (again, several threads covering that).

They are great fun once you've done all this, but they do kinda lose their identity & stop being a "silly stunt truck" once you give them better handling & suspension. :lol:

Let's see - broken rear guard on my Scorcher, front bumper cracked in a couple of places ... lost a step screw, drive cup & dogbone off my Wild Dagger, and one of the snow chains on my Lunchbox lost a link ;)

... on the plus side, no drowned recievers or ESCs :lol:

Let's see - broken rear guard on my Scorcher, front bumper cracked in a couple of places ... lost a step screw, drive cup & dogbone off my Wild Dagger, and one of the snow chains on my Lunchbox lost a link ;)

... on the plus side, no drowned recievers or ESCs :lol:

Looked to me like you were enjoying yourself but hope you feel more 'inspired' next time eh ;)

I think the 21 Turn for the Pumpkin and leave the standard shocks on then, that should be amusing :lol: Actually I have oil shocks on the front of the Pumpkin so putting them on the back wouldn't spoil it too much I don't think.

I think I will go brushless with the Ansmann, should be a fairly easy swap. Are the mounting holes in the same places as standard motors on the EZRun?

Plus I'll need a lipo pack and charger to go with it, of course. I mean, it'd be rude not to, right....?

I think the 21 Turn for the Pumpkin and leave the standard shocks on then, that should be amusing :lol: Actually I have oil shocks on the front of the Pumpkin so putting them on the back wouldn't spoil it too much I don't think.

I think I will go brushless with the Ansmann, should be a fairly easy swap. Are the mounting holes in the same places as standard motors on the EZRun?

Plus I'll need a lipo pack and charger to go with it, of course. I mean, it'd be rude not to, right....?

Yeah when I was reading Russ's reply I thought you meant put the 21T in the Pumpkin..

I had a 19T in one a few years back (the black one in 'the ones that got away' entry in my showroom) and tbh it handled it ok so a 21T should be fine - I guess the word would be 'peppy' but don't expect any steering above 1/4 throttle lol ;)

I've been thinking about possible venues for future EB's and it would be useful to know where we all live so I can scout-out places which are central to the people who would attend.

To start the ball rolling..

I am in West Row.. :blink:

I've been thinking about possible venues for future EB's and it would be useful to know where we all live so I can scout-out places which are central to the people who would attend.

To start the ball rolling..

I am in West Row.. :blink:

South Central Cambridge :)

Just outside of Ely week days, Norwich city centre weekends.