Mad Zero

Eastern Bash (Red Lodge, Suffolk)

That's right, I'm in Ipswich!

(Chris Moyles reference, sorry for those who hate him or don't listen! :o )

But really, I am in Ipswich :)

I've been thinking about possible venues for future EB's and it would be useful to know where we all live so I can scout-out places which are central to the people who would attend.

I'm in Essex, so anywhere near Red Lodge or to the south would be best for me, as it's quite a trek; slightly to the south would be good for the Kent Bashers who occasionally make it to the EB too..

I'm in Essex, so anywhere near Red Lodge or to the south would be best for me, as it's quite a trek; slightly to the south would be good for the Kent Bashers who occasionally make it to the EB too..

Noted Jon :)

Never been bashing, but I'm back into the hobby now with a Monster Beetle, Wild Willy 2 and a TXT-1 to play with so I'd be up for some bashing.

Time's dragging on, so I'm going to suggest a bash around Christmas - nothing major, something like start around 10am, run around for a couple of hours, and maybe (weather, number of people, whether or not team **** turn up on their 'crossers, etc) extend it to lunch & a bit in the afternoon too ...

Edit (5th Dec) - my favoured day is Wednesday the 29th of December, and as the one response I've had so far (thanks Dave) was for that day too, quite arbitrarily I'm going to pick that one :)

looks an ideal place to run, have much trouble with bikers?, we found a great spot but spoilt by bikers racing past us, so we ended up packing up and leaving. its really hard to find a decent place to run these days.

looks an ideal place to run, have much trouble with bikers?, we found a great spot but spoilt by bikers racing past us, so we ended up packing up and leaving. its really hard to find a decent place to run these days.

There can be a problem is with wannabe motorcrossists - an entirely seperate species IMO - but if they do come, in general they stick to the sandy bit behind the truck stop ... hasn't stopped visits from the Police after noise complaints though :)

Last call for the 29th ... any more takers?

Took a trip down red lodge today to pick up a tonka truck, went past the track and stopped there on the way back. we drove into the truck stop and it was clear that something had been going on there, there is now a giant green fence with no access to the track and a sign which said 4-5 bedroom properties coming soon, sadly it would appear that red lodges track has been sold for property development :P not sure if anyone else had seen this. A lot of great memories at that track :) looks like we will have to keep our eyes open for a new track to meet up at in the future.

That's a real shame :P .

Red lodge was a great venue, especially with the truck stop across the road for food & drink.

I'm surprised it's been sold for housing though, I thought part of that space was a nature conservation area ? :)

I suspect the EB crew will have to relocate to Walkers truck stop at Fiveways roundabout. Apparently the area behind it is similar heathland, but because it's more wooded it doesn't turn into quite as much of a mudbath as Red Lodge.

• Like 1

Last call for the 29th ... any more takers?

Hi Guys,

Obviously I missed this bash, but tell me Jonny retro... where do you bash, is it too far from Essex????

Hi Guys,

Obviously I missed this bash, but tell me Jonny retro... where do you bash, is it too far from Essex????

Have sent you a pm :(

Yeah they're not actually building the estate on the old bash site but next to it - will be a nice place to live won't it with a truckers cafe one side and a scrapyard the other lol!

I am still here - have visited the old Bash site and its all fenced off now :(

I am still here - have visited the old Bash site and its all fenced off now :(

Yup the world's best rc car track is no more :(

I live around the corner I'll look Sunday see how busy/empty the carpark is..

..but I'm moving soon (not very far) and will be surrounded by farms so I'll make some enquiries! ;)

Any of you lot run crawlers?

• Like 1