Sign in to follow this  
simple

TXT-1, Wiring in series & Brushless motors

Hi everyone,

I have a TXT-1 with 19x1's in it and an EVX speedo, I have seen some brushless systems from the US that claim to blow away nitro trucks! These motors use packs wired in series (14 cells altogether)[:0]. Can anyone explain how to do this and the difference between series and parallel[?] Does anyone have any good modifying tips for a TXT? Also I am considering an e-maxx 2 speed, has anyone tried this? If so, would you recommend it. I'm quite a novice when it comes to r/c electronics so any advice would be appreciated. I have also thought about using a Novak Super Rooster and low turn motors, has anyone tried this setup. Any advice you lot can give me would be really appreciated, espcially how to get rid of torque twisting. Also if you fancy a quick chat about your truck/s feel free to get in touch. Does anybody know of any good bashing/crawling sites in the Midlands (UK). Look forward to hearing from you all!!

Thanks.

simple026

Ok, not 100% sure of the math, but for batteries

Series = double voltage

Parallel = double run time (almost)

To wire two packs in series, take the negative lead from one (normally black) and the positive from the other (normally red) and join them together.

Take the other two leads and put the necessary connector on the end, and you have a 14.4v pack.

You can probably also get leads made up to do this, I have a couple of parallel leads I bought.

For your batteries try here: http://www.otherpower.com/otherpower_battery_wiring.html

For the torque twist, there isn't a whole lot you can do about it. Some people suggest using a conventional shock set up and removing the cantilevers and/or using the include sway bars ...

For the Emaxx tranny, many have tried this, infact RC4wd.com sells a conversion kit. Try the RCMT forums for more info on the conversion. http://b18.ezboard.com/brcmtnet44998

You'll have to register, but it is free and a great resource.

Mike.

Batteries in series will double the voltage..

Wired in parallel will double the amps..

The laws of physics say you cannot have both.[;)]

Only thing you can do about the torque twisting is stronger springs, stronger sway bars, or less torque. When I say less torque I mean accelerate slower.[:(]

The Clodbuster guys always laugh when we cry about the twisting of out TXT's.[:(!]

With the speed you are looking at you should have front steering only and possibly extend the wheelbase.

The E-maxx trans is an awesome mod, it does require a 3 channel radio however.

Good luck,

Mike.

Hey Mike.

BTW I got the links you sent, they look great and are very beefy. Just waiting for some new end links now. [8D]

Mike.

Great Mike,

Glad you like them. You will enjoy being able to adjust where you can put the sway bars.

I use my TXT for crawling only and so far I have had the best luck with no sway bar in the rear and the softest setting which is the one closest to the frame in the front.

Good idea upgrading now to better links, you wood have done it later regardless.[;)]

Later,

Mike.

quote:Originally posted by Cul-Tech

Batteries in series will double the voltage..

Wired in parallel will double the amps..

id="quote">id="quote">

Yes, but only the theoretical maximum they can output, in reality the current consumed by the motors is lower, so with batteries in series because the voltage is double also the current (amps) consumed by the motors almost doubles, so both the advantages [8D], only the battery drains double as fast [V].

Cheers

quote:Originally posted by candyman212

I did a Juggernaut 2 a while back with a number of different mods, not least:

emaxx tranny

3x 9x1s motors on one tranny

twin brushless

id="quote">id="quote">

I was told that two BLs should never be coupled together

at the driveshaft & each needs its own ESC.

how did you do yours? [?]

Also have confirmed with Novak that their sensored BL

cannot be wired to run in reverse... no dual-BL Cloddy. [:(]

Twin brushless runs just fine so long as there the same type of motor, I had two lehner basic 4200's not the most powerful motor but still pretty quick. And yes each motor needs its own ESC as you can see in the pic. So long as you have non sensored brushless you'll be ok in a clod, just swap any 2 of the 3 motor wires round and the motor spins the other way.