Sign in to follow this  
oldfordguy

mint old shelf queen in the making

Last year I bought my son a mad bull. We assembled it together. Not an easy job. The screws were very hard to drive in. Anyway, he has run it mabey 10 times. I have run it more than him. Currently, it sits on a shelf, msc removed, dusty, near mint cond. If I box it now, it will be an interesting little find years down the road. On the other hand, its a boring little car. Perhaps I should sell it and buy him something more exciting, like a wild dagger?

it's hard to say what to do like you said if you box it and keep it safe in ten years time it could be worth a fair bit to a collector

or you sell it now and a few years on you look back and end up wanting to buy the car you once had

if you can keep it and buy another like the wild dagger keep it but if you have to sell to get the new one

it's never ending like what came first the chickin or the Egg see what advice the other members offer

ShenUK

I don't think a Mad Bull will get a collectors item: It's not something new or revolutionary in design. It's also a beginners car and pretty cheap as well, there will be zillions around. BUT! Considering it's a beginners car there won't be many of them arounf in a good shape as you just described. I think only the NIB ones will fetch a good coin in the future.

Though I think it's fun having a Fighter Buggy with monster wheels... [8D] Still a bit pi55ed because so many memebers officially declared the FB as being ****. [:(!] (many censored words, swear, swear, beep, beep) Hey, it's my first car and even more meaningfull than any Scorcher will ever be! [^] [:(!] Or not... [}:)] (Hey, you have to be consistent, but not al the time [:o)] )

I think a Wild Dagger is a cool car, you can convert it to 4 wheel steering! [8D] I think that is more revolutionary in design as the rest are just Super Hornet clones. But it should mean something special to YOU and not to others. IF you sell it you WILL regret it. At least I would. I always regret selling something so I simply don't [;)]

Sjoerd [|)]

I can't see much interest in a Mad Bull anytime soon. If you like it, have the space to store it, and don't need to sell it, then you should keep it. Otherwise I wouldn't be too reluctant to sell it on. There'll be plenty of them arount for a long time yet.

Sounds like sound advise,

There is nothing like having the first car you used though, I have my holiday buggy which was the first rc kit i ever had, unfortunately i really got my monies worth out of it and don't think it will ever run again. At least if you put yours away now, in years to come it will be nice to sit on the shelf and look at and remanis.

If you can afford it just buy the extra car, you never know it might come in handy if you want to drive together[;)].

i justs old my mad bull on e-bay, included tamiya and al lthat in the title, and it only went to about $50