Sign in to follow this  
netsmithUK

Manual Scans settings...

If you are wondering how to contribute scanned manuals or decals to the site, firstly - thanks very much they will be greatfully recieved and secondly if you could scan them to the following specifications that would be great:

100% scale

150 dpi

Descreen option on - if your scanner has it

Scan media set to PRINT - again if your scanner has it

All files in jpeg format with compression set to 75% (each page should be around 300-500k)

Name each page as 01.jpg, 02.jpg, 03.jpg etc.

Put all scans into one folder called

modelNumber-Model_Name eg. 58016-Sand_Scorcher

Then zip the folder and send it through to info@tamiyaclub.com

Many thanks

Chris

Chris

Dont you mean if your "scanner" has the option???

Jakes

I sent 2 manuals to info@tamiyaclub.com a few weeks ago (new beetle & BMW M roadster). They are not online yet. Should I resend them to the 'scans@tamiyaclub.com' id?

Nope got them ok - thanks.

Sorry just got a bit of a back log, everyone is being very helpful at the moment.

Cheers

Chris

logo_member2.gif

Chris

do you have time to do a proper job with all the hard work and time spent on the scans alone, and you wanted to know if i slept icon_smile_big.gif cheers kev

Color (# bits?), greyscale or B&W, Chris?

imho the later cars eg TL01 can easily be done in greyscale or even hires B&W. There's no colour printing in them now.

Anyone got any tips on how i get my scanner to work???

I usually can mess around and get things to work eventually , but it just doesn't want to know, i have quite a few manuals and it is depressing not being able to contribute [:(]

The hammer is waiting[:0], my fist allready bust the front cover off my pc[B)], i now have to use a screw driver to start my pc by shorting out the exploded switch D'oh!!!!, yes i have a bit of a pc anger thingy![:I] Please help with any tips or advice before i have no pc left[:D]

[?] How many by how many pixels should a scan be on A4 (manual size) and 150 dpi?

A4 is about 8.25 inches by 11.75inches (roughly) so at 150 dpi... thats 1238 by 1763 pixels.

these are approx figures only but close enough - the tamiya manuals though are not A4. Can't remember their dimensions at the moment though...

Thanx Chris. I will try to scan a few of them. It's my holiday but I am SOOO busy - really don't like it at all though... [:(] I will see if I will find some precious time to do the job. [:)] The instructions are clear enough, so I have got my work laid out! [:D]

Do you accept TIF Image format?

Because my scanner can only support this type of format.

I try to convert the TIF format to JPEG using MGI photoSuite 8.1, but the result of the quality is not so good.

Can you accept this?[V][?]

TIF would make a too large file for sending through email. If you use 785-90% JPEG quality you almost can't tell the difference to the original.

Cheers

Theo is right. There is an even more fundamental problem with Tif's though, and thats my system for delivering them to the screen via the web doesn't support them. Jpegs only.

Cheers

Chris

Do you only want manuals for Tamiya kits or are you putting other manufacturers on as well. I have got one for my Kyosho Optima mid Pro Special. If it is wanted.

Cheers

John[:)]

Chris,

I have a NSX Raybrig 2002 TA-04R(#58297)manual which seems to be missing from the site. Would you like a scan or have you already got one in your in-tray. (Sorry if that makes a hobbie sound too much like the office [:)]). Got time to kill but want to be sure that it's necessary.

Sam

I've scanned one of the many TL01 manuals that another member asked about, and the zipped folder was over 8 meg in size. Since I don't think a file that size will email I broke it down in to 5 smaller folders and sent five emails. Hope that makes sense!

id="Comic Sans MS">id="navy">I have tried to get a manual and have been only able to get the small one that shows up one page at a time and is to small to read. Can anyone let me know what I am doing wrong?