Sign in to follow this  
mr_lister999.

exhaust volume reduction

Is there any way of further reducing noise from a nitro exhaust? I am really after info for the tmaxx 2.5. I know loud is good but there are neighbours who work at home some days and i want to use it it garden (yes i know i'm too thoughtful [;)] ) I didnt know if someone had made something or has found a way to reduce the noise that they could tell me.

I realise the exhaust cuts the noise but short of giving the neighbours earplugs i will have to limit the times i run the truck.

Any ideas appreciated.

Cheers

you could try not reving it so high [:P] I have noticed that plastic pipes ar not as loud as aluminum ones.

JIm

Rubber tubes added on the end of the exhaust like on some Kyosho cars...

You'll be surprised how much noise comes out the air filter! So a smaller one, and/or a smaller ventury in the carb, and tune to suit, will make small differences. But i guess the only real way that would make the biggest difference is like Jim says... don't rev the taters off it! [xx(]

quote:But i guess the only real way that would make the biggest difference is like Jim says... don't rev the taters off it!
id="quote">id="quote">

I feared as much [:(] Best just push it around the garden [;)] Thanks anyway.

quote:Originally posted by mr_lister999.

...I realise the exhaust cuts the noise but short of giving the neighbours earplugs i will have to limit the times i run the truck.

id="quote">id="quote">

Exhaust also "muffles", but its usually the high-pitched 2-stroke whining that annoys non-RC ppl (heathens...) [8)]

If you were really concerned, you could install a 4-stroke... or might be easier to buy an electric. [:I]

Back when we had a backyard big enough to fang a 21'd Inferno - easiest course of action was to make friends with the neighbours. Got on fine with all SIX of our fence-sharers, they were all good fellas & never did complain... wouldn't be too rare that it was still running into the early evening (haha, we had backyard spotlights).

quote:Would n't it have been easier to have bought an Emaxx?
id="quote">id="quote">

Got one of them as well. I use the t maxx at the park but its much better than the emaxx in the garden and there is no annoying battery to charge every 5 minutes.