Sign in to follow this  
Da Blaize

Steering Issue

I have recently got a new Tamiya Ford Focus RS WRC 02 TL01 car. I have pritty much built it and am just running it in. But I have noticed that when I turn left the car goes right and when I turn right the car goes left? Is this normal? I am a beginner at this sport so please excuse my naivety.

Ok there no problem here, on your transmitter you should find a little switch somewhere that is a servo reverse, there will be one for each channel, throttle and steering. If you switch this then it should solve the problem.

Be aware you may have to alter the servo arm on the servo to put it in centre. but try first.[:D]

Welcome to the club. I must say it's a bit of a beginners question but we were all beginners once so don't sweat it too much! [^] I was just looking at the Focus WRC '02 and I think it's a cool body, nice choice... [8D]

If the car seems to do that when it's running towards you: it's supposed to do that. You have to image 'what's it like' when you are inside the car: you are facing the opposite direction so your left is actually 'his' right (and vice versa). Is this confusing you? [8)]

If that's not it, then you should try finding the servo reverse switch for channel 1 (as pointed out), this is the steering channel in most cases. This will reverse the working of the steering stick, so it counteracts the problem you are having. I hope this helps! [;)]

I had that problem, it's because the steering servo is mounted upside down in the TL-01 and therefore it steers the opposite way to what you'd expect. I think they should point it out in the manual, as it's a likely stumbling block for someone who is new to building R/C cars, and the first thought is that you've done something wrong (I was worried that I'd forced the servo plug in the wrong way in the receiver or something until I worked out why it was doing it).