Sign in to follow this  
Northern Drifter

M-03 Tips?

Can anyone give me some idea on what I should be looking for in the way of mods for my M-03 Mini?

I'm torn between the front one-way and a ball diff for a start.

Also not sure which motor to get.

Any help appreciated

Best mods to start off with by far are a full bearing set, electronic speed control and oil shocks. These will give increased runtime, speed and controlability. The ball diff you mention is another good upgrade as you'll get loads more traction as this acts as a limited slip diff. The one way on the other hand is designed for 4WD cars so will act like a locked diff on power and freewheel off power giving you no brakes!

Cheers for the info on the diff - a ball diff it is then.

Would I be able to use a 10 turn motor, or should I stay conservative with a 15 maybe?

I'd say both are a little mad for the Mini. While the gearbox would cope with that sort of power, it'll wheelspin like crazy and eat front tyres. If you have the standard motor in at the moment, I would suggest a motor of around 19 turns. This would give a sizeable speed increase and give you the possibility of going for an even faster motor should you get bored.

I find the car wheelspins hugely with the stock diff and stock 540 silver can in it.

Anything in the range of 10-15 turns would be madness thats for sure

Chris

I had to take my 15T out as it is was just too quick, the car spent more time with its wheels in the air than on they ground! A good stock motor should be fine.