Sign in to follow this  
stulec52

slidy floor racing

I'm sure there are a lot of UK guys that still run on either polished wood, or games halls floors.

What I really need to know ( besides a good setup for a TC4) is which body works best on these surfaces in 190 mm touring.

Thanks

OMG...Polished floor racing just SUCKS BIG TIME!! Stu.. The Mazda Body from protoform gets my vote. Ohh and you want a hard suspension setup. Motorwise is really up to how much you can handle... As for my experience on floors, i just could not get to grips with it. [:(]

wow, I am the opposite, I miss it a lot.

Can't wait for some sideways action !!!

Schumacher Yellow minipins and off we go.

and and hard suspension may have been your problem, I like really soft to get as much grip as possible on the tyres.

quote:Originally posted by stulec52

wow, I am the opposite, I miss it a lot.

Can't wait for some sideways action !!!

Schumacher Yellow minipins and off we go.

and and hard suspension may have been your problem, I like really soft to get as much grip as possible on the tyres.

id="quote">id="quote">

Well i only follwed what the pro's had setup on their cars and back then i was still a noobie but i guess even now i would still hate it. I dont mind surfaces like loose dirt or clay i could race on them all day [;)][:D] but on slippery floor arrgghhh...I hate it [:(!]

Hiya Stu, how's it goin over there?

I'm not going to be much help to you in this post but like you i love polished floor electric racing on yellow mini-pins. Not sure of a set-up for your TC4, as i couldn't get my TC3 dialed! I blamed it on the naturaly tweaked chassis!!

I've now managed to get a hold of a new MR4 Rally just for pure sideways fun, and like you say... I started off with soft springs, thin oil and no roll bars for max body roll. It's just great to see the chassis roll into corners and dive under braking etc. I'd just get a good looking shell instead of a performance one, then it'd look good and you'd probably still kick some butt ;-)