Sign in to follow this  
grusomkis

What is the highest RPM you've got?

Does anyone of you have a motor tester? If so what is your RPM record?

I got 63250 RPM from a Peak performance V2 10x2.

I timed it so it came to a short cut, and pulled the endbell a tiny bit back. Man you all should hear that motor scream LOL

Its fun all the things you can do on a race when you ar bored.

Would be interesting to try that timing on that motor in a SS straight against a brick wall eh? [}:)][}:)]

Wouldn't run a such a fast motor without load as due to extreme centrifugal forces windings may come out or break, still impressive fig, especially to a vintage guy like me where 20-25k were top back then... [:D]

Cheers

My best is 'only' 50,000rpm from an old 7 turn Trinity D2. Shows you how much motor technology has come along when you can get over 10,000rpm extra even with 3 more winds!

mr_pushrod: Still if you did not get as much rpm as me, i bet you loved the scream in that motor LOL. The V2 i tried , was a motor that had been skimmed so many times so it was ready for the recycling bin. A 12 or 10 turn is laying around 50000 rpm's in the motor tester as i can see.

Could you imagine, putting a motor with 50k rpm in a F103 or C group ,

with the right pignions, matched battery set...

whaaaa!!!!!

airborn! :(

Stefan

I've tried a modern Trinity D5 12 turn in a Mercedes C11, was interesting to say the least!

Did not dare to go below 15T in a F103 , was quite capeble of destroying the car actually :(

< note, i am a bad driver :( >

Sitting to think here... F103... Brushless... Iieeeuuwwww!!!

In the trades topic, wanted, 20 chassis plates for F103, i want to run a pack of lipo's today :)

Back when the 103 chassis was still in production Aldershot Club used to race them allowing modified motors, most of the experienced guys used 13 or 14 turn motors. My own choice was a 13 triple wind geared right down (small pinion/big spur) and ESC current limiter at 75amps.

They used to fly round, beaten only by pro10 cars!

The conditions had to be good tho, warm, dry, tyre additive, black racing line etc.

If it was wet and slippy it was back to the kit motor or it became impossible to do a lap without spinning off.

Anyone heard a very hot slot car motor running off load? The fastest of them were turning at 50,000rpm in the early 70s, at a guess I'd say they are 3 times that fast now!

I have got a D6 11x2 That im planing on sticking in My F103 and using 3600 cells and a high pinion!