Sign in to follow this  
miramar

Mini 4WD collection, where to dump?

I have a collection of NIB Tamiya mini 4WD items which I consider parting from. I have just collected these items as they were released and have never taken part in any races, clubs or similar, so apart from what I read on Tamiya's website, catalogs and Mr. Tamiya's book, I have very little knowledge about, and no connections to the scene. Accordingly, I have no idea what might be the best way of selling the collection. Of course there's always eBay, but I would think posting on eBay Japan's website is the only option to reach an adequate amount of enthusiasts, and I don't know Japanese. Any ideas?

(The collection consists of about 100 hopups and accessories and 91 cars, all NIB and is concentrated on the early releases.)

I would agree that Japan would probably be the best audience for these so I suppose try to contact one of the club members who live in Japan.

Maybe Jason or Spice could help or advise whether these are in fact more valuable in Japan and if so how to go ahead with selling them.

Even if you give these guys some commission then you would probably get more for them over there.

Why not try MINI4WD on Ebay.He's a collector of such things and a real nice person to deal with.

Almost evey time I have sold Mini 4WD stuff on eBay the majority of the buyers seemed to come from Italy.

Cheers,