Sign in to follow this  
Renco5012

M-01, 03?

The chassis on the first mini is a lot different that the "racing" version as I just found out. Are the gear ratios the same? I've recently bought a used (but in pieces) M-01 chassis, but I need to find some parts for it to get it up an running.

Also, is there any way of mounting two shocks on the front instead of the monoshock[?]

Cheers.

i got my first mini a couple of days ago, its a MO1 rally cooper..it was an used and abused car..but ive found it very different to the MO3 chassis....i cant find a way to add 2 shocks..ive wondered that myself...**** those front tyres ware quickley...

quote:
Originally posted by nismospeed

...**** those front tyres ware quickley...

id="quote">id="quote">

Try the HPI x-patterns - they last forever!

quote:
Originally posted by fury_dice
quote:

...**** those front tyres ware quickley...

id="quote">id="quote">

Try the HPI x-patterns - they last forever!

id="quote">id="quote">

Do they come in the smaller diameter tire like the Mini uses?

Cheers,

quote:
Originally posted by Twmaster

Do they come in the smaller diameter tire like the Mini uses?

Cheers,

id="quote">id="quote">

Yep - got sets on both of my M03's (one set belted (4565), one set unbelted (4560)). They're a bit loose on the kit wheels (need glueing), but are great on HPI's star Mini wheels (3630, 3632). HTH. David

quote:

i got my first mini a couple of days ago, its a MO1 rally cooper..it was an used and abused car..but ive found it very different to the MO3 chassis....i cant find a way to add 2 shocks..ive wondered that myself...**** those front tyres ware quickley...

id="quote">id="quote">

The one I have has no body or wheels which is no biggie. At first I thought it had a mono on the front and two on the back 'til I read the manual on here and noticed it's mono shocked all the way 'round! I got the parts with my Hummer and I didn't think to check if the Mini parts were M03 [:(] Hope I can track down some parts for the M01 one now...[|)]

Just buy some slick tires cos the ones that are on it now will be that way in no time[:P] Or go with the HPI's[8D]

The M chassis is mainly interchangerable with each other the only difference i know of is the different lengths of the front end this is where you get different types of chassis for example you get M-01 (the shortest)M-01m the next longest, and then M-01L the longest.

I myself was in your position a while ago,I bought a M-01 in pieces a while ago and i was fortunate enough to come across a shop who had a Porsche boxster still in it's box but minus body and decals..He let me have it for a minimal sun of money..Took it home and built up the M-01 with the bits off the porsche ..so if i can help with anything let me know

Cheers

Daz