Sign in to follow this  
Guest Carsnboats

Wild Willy 2. Manual speed control?

Guest Carsnboats

Has anyone fitted a standard Tamiya 3 step speed controller to a Wild Willy 2[?]

Or can it only be done with an electronic speedo[?]

WHY have the UK importer included a 3 step control in the kit with no means to fit it[?]

Cheers,

Clive.

Guest Carsnboats

Thanks Guys,

I opened the speed control package and it had instructions specific to that chassis.[:I] I notice tamiya instructions these days only ever show Adspec fitting instructions. Have you tried to get hold of one of these in the UK? They appear to be rare.

Well now I have instructions,I will build my Wild Willy 2 with the manual Speedo.

Oh Yes, the missus has just reminded me that its a Xmas Present and I'm not allowed to touch it again until Santa brings it back.

(Don't tell her I fitted ballraces in the gearbox already![}:)] Saves getting too mucky on Xmas Day.[:D])

quote:
Originally posted by Kendalboatsman
WHY have the UK importer included a 3 step control in the kit with no means to fit it[?]

id="quote">id="quote">

At least the UK editions come with the MSC... mine came from Japan and its not a standard-fit item in the kits there. [:(]

quote:
Originally posted by Kendalboatsman

Or can it only be done with an electronic speedo[?]

id="quote">id="quote">

Even this option is a little niggly... once you've glued your receiver in place, there leaves little room to fit the ESC. Unless your RX & ESC are small enough to sit side-by-side under the 'fuel tank', options are limited either putting it under the 'bonnet' atop the steering servo or getting one of those servo-sized ESC with mounting ears and fit it into the 2nd servo's slot on the side.

quote:Oh Yes, the missus has just reminded me that its a Xmas Present and I'm not allowed to touch it again until Santa brings it back.

id="quote">id="quote">

What happened, girls WW2 conspiracy? Also got one last week for my birthday and heared also that another fellow will get one for Xmas from his wife. Nice conspiracy [:)], hope next year SS turns will come [:D]

Guest Carsnboats

quote:
Originally posted by DJTheo

What happened, girls WW2 conspiracy? Also got one last week for my birthday and heared also that another fellow will get one for Xmas from his wife. Nice conspiracy [
:)
], hope next year SS turns will come [
:D
]

id="quote">id="quote">

I am after a NIB 1:12 Hummer for my Birthday. Not sure if I want a SS. Would rather have a Bruiser or BB[8D]