Sign in to follow this  
Vintagenewbie

Looking to build a New Tamiya

Hello Fellow Tamiyaites,

Looking for a new Tamiya model to build I'm thinking a Baja King, Mad Fighter or a Mad Bull. I enjoy the build process emensly so I dont mind a more challenging model. Any suggestions, Favorites or recomendations please respond.........

Thanks

P.S. Looking for a club or the like in Brooklyn NY to run my cars with fellow modelers.........

The Mad Bull and Mad Fighter are basically the same buggy (DT-01) other than the tires and shell. These are considered entry level 2WD buggies and are quite easy to assemble. The Baja King will be considerably more challenging to assemble but still not high in dificulty. All are good fun to run.

Cheers,

Why you don't build the Blazing Star?

quote:
Originally posted by Vintagenewbie

Hello Fellow Tamiyaites,

Looking for a new Tamiya model to build I'm thinking a Baja King, Mad Fighter or a Mad Bull. I enjoy the build process emensly so I dont mind a more challenging model. Any suggestions, Favorites or recomendations please respond.........

Thanks

P.S. Looking for a club or the like in Brooklyn NY to run my cars with fellow modelers.........

id="quote">id="quote">

[^]I havebought both the mad fighter and the Blazing star and they are great cars to build and run. I run them both stock and they are tough, pretty quick and a great revisit back into the hobby. I am ballracing the mad fighter and adding a sport tuned motor as well just for a laugh. I take them down to the local park and drop the hammer!! In the showroom for the Mad fighter check out the paint job by toymakr73 It looks great!!!!

I've just come back into the hobby after a 20 year rest, and I started off with 2 Mad Bulls (for my lads) and a Baja Champ for me. I think the Baja Champ is a better car, it was a little bit more work to build than the Mad Bulls, but a better drive. The Baja King is just the Baja Champ with a different body, so I would recommend that one. Also, there seem to be more hop-up options for the Baja Champ/King. (Make sure you build whatever you build with a bearing set upgrade though, well worth it).