Sign in to follow this  
Bibbo

Non US banks on PayPal

Has anybody actually managed to get their bank details linked to their PayPal account? And actually had money transfered from their PayPal to their bank successfuly?

I've tried to add mine but the details they ask for are very simplistic and based on details that US banks must use.

I don't have much confidence in it working, and they say they charge £14!!!!! if the money is returned to them.

Any help and advice would be good.

Thanks

Yep, I got it to work too (England), takes 4-5 days to show in your bank though (still faster than billpoint)

Did you guys need to put a lot of code numbers in or did your bank supply the correct Ruoting number just like PayPal ask for?

Cheers

quote:
Originally posted by Bibbo

Did you guys need to put a lot of code numbers in or did your bank supply the correct Ruoting number just like PayPal ask for?

Cheers

id="quote">id="quote">

Just my Bank name, and account number, but it seems it only covers UK and US accounts at the minute!

Does'nt it ask you for a "routing number"?

What did you use for this because as far as I can see UK banks don't have this. It won't go on unless you put this number in the form.

All they ask, for a uk account is

Bank

Area

Account type

Sort code - 6 digits

Account Number - 8 digits

The sort code is like a branch number, specific to that branch of the bank (ie the one in Oxford)

Once that's in, the account is added, all done.

Bibbo,

Have successfully linked my PayPal account to my bank account here in Australia... it costs a little bit to do the transfer, and takes about a week, but other than that, works fine!!!

Alex

Not sure, but maybe I have problems because I am registered with PayPal at my address in Belgium, but I want to put my UK account on. I think because I live in Belgium the form only gives me options for a US bank ( Belgium is'nt on the list of countries )

I might be wrong but it's the only thing I can think of.

Cheers