Sign in to follow this  
Supershot

Nothing but r/c electric????????

Are any of you into r/c gas cars apart from the Tamiya cars you collect and run!Paying almost $2000 for nib's is cool and insane but it can buy you a very high tech Gas car with the best gear!For example a "Kyosho Kanai 2" with a modified novarossi engine and the best radio gear!!Do any of you own a nitro powered car and what is it?

What's so exciting about walking into your LHS and dropping $2k? Any rich ****** can do that... [B)] and most of them can't even drive.

Plus you can't sell the new gas car for around what you paid if you fancy a change or need money.

I actually think vintage Tamiya is a relatively cheap hobby, just because the stuff is always worth something. When you look at the depretiation on new stuff I think it makes it VERY expensive.

I used to race motocross. Now that is expensive[:0]

any hobby is $$$$$$$$$$$$......i also run r/c submarines,which is a

big dollar hobby,........ah well we love to do it....

Two Star... excuse my curiosity, but how on earth do you keep track of an RC-submarine once it goes beneath the waves?!

Is there some kind of waterproof transmitter that you can use whilst snorkling and keeping an eye on the sub?! [:D]

Tim

Concerning gas cars, I personnally have a ford rs200, this one can be considered vintage and was actually the first 1/10 gas powered car, and even one of the first RTR cars. Also have an associated that went second in France championship (pre 80's), the guy had machinated an incredible amount of custom part (custom aluminium tank, swiss made differential, etc...). This later car need a big resto though.

By the way if any of you has a carburator for the Ford.

quote:
Originally posted by c_a_r_t_e_r

Two Star... excuse my curiosity, but how on earth do you keep track of an RC-submarine once it goes beneath the waves?!

Is there some kind of waterproof transmitter that you can use whilst snorkling and keeping an eye on the sub?! [
:D
]

Tim

id="quote">id="quote">

You just need to let the antenna floating out of the boat and add a failsafe that triggers the gas can when you loose the contact with the boat.

Personnally I only tried my father's submarine in his swiming pool ... In the worst case I would just have had to take a nice bath. Also I believe a submarin is less problem than a regular gas boat that stops 25 meters away from you in an alpine lake during a superb november day :)

quote:
...you can use whilst snorkling and keeping an eye on the sub?! [
:D
]

Tim

id="quote">id="quote">

By the way I do not know of any insane person that dared to design an actual submarine snorkle. Who would be crasy enough to design a mixed electric / gas engine sub and would also want to run the gas engine beneath the water :)

quote:any hobby is $$$$$$$$$$$$

id="quote">id="quote">

I think you got that definition out of the dictionary didn't you? It sounds spot on anyway.

iteresting answers,you guys!,we have several clear water lakes here,

you can see 25 ft below the surface,we also have a few people scuba diving with water-proof transmitters to get right into the action.

yes some of us have a failsafe BALLAST systems some dont it depends on the boat and just a matter of personal preferance.i dont know if this is allowed but ill risk it...go to www.bellbay.com/subs.html and take a look of our pics.

quote:
Originally posted by raemin

Concerning gas cars, I personnally have a ford rs200, this one can be considered vintage and was actually the first 1/10 gas powered car...

By the way if any of you has a carburator for the Ford.

id="quote">id="quote">

The early Kyoshos (ya?) had OS10FP engines with its barrel carbie and plain bushings; I have a GTR 4WD with this engine. If one ever needed to repower, believe the current crop of *airplane* engines still have a OS10 whose parts may be suitable.

quote:
Originally posted by TWO STAR

go to www.bellbay.com/subs.html and take a look of our pics.

id="quote">id="quote">

Excellent pix!! Especially like the self-propelled torpes! [:D]

IMG_0871.jpg

How about some sub racing... with bikini-clad corner marshalls?? [;)]

I have a few gas cars (nitro) they are a TG-10 Mini 1/8th, a 1/8th TGX Mk1 limited Edition Skyline & a 1/10th TR15T , all tamiya ofcourse[;)] and then there's my 1/8th Monster EK4 S2, i also have a Terra Crusher engine and starter but haven't decided who is lucky enough to get it yet, although i am swayed towards the mini . Even though i do have nitro's and do love em to bits, i personally think you can't beat electric cars.

Heah Flyby, how does the 1/8th. Mini go? I like the look of these. Not really a nitro person, Yet!, but these look nice.

[:D]Which is always a good starting point, eh guys!![:D]

Bib,

It is great[:D], turns on the spot and goes like stink, and seems unbreakable,(had interference & bounced off a space wagon flat out,outer doorskin was touching inner, mini unscratched[8D]) although i have a 15 in mine at the moment (nicked out the TGX) with a few hop ups, it come's with a 12 in the kit as standard,(plenty good enough) it is basically a nitro version of the TB-01 (shares many parts), i love my mini to bits, and so does everyone that see's it, the ppl's favourite i'd say when i do display's, probably why i am swayed towards transplanting the TC engine in it (electric start & crazy fast), and it is so much BIGGER than the MO3 mini, There is also loads you can do to it as there are many hopups available e.g. lightened everything, carbon upper deck, a wide / long wishbone kit for it, 2 speed transmission[8D]...the list goes on.....

The shell is 1/8th scale and also the wheels but the chassis is 1/10th scale, so if you want a nitro and love mini's then i would say go get one[;)]. If you want any pics of anything then just email me.

Hope this helps.[:)]

You may allready know all this but i thought i'd mention it just incase.......

Cheers Flyby,

I guess that is even less money in my bank account then[V]

And theres loads of hop-ups!![V]

I'm going to be on the streets at this rate!![V]