Sign in to follow this  
BalmyBaldwin

Black RS540 Endurance Motor

I have recently acuired a Black Tamiya RS540 "Endurance Motor" - Has anyone any idea where this may have come from, is it a "Hop-Up" for something, or did it come standard on any models, also if any one knows the number of turns or the Max current drain for this motor, that would be good.

I would also be interested to know how many turns/winds/ current drain for these 4 motors:

Dynatech 01R

Dynatech 02H

Technigold

Technituned

(Any guesses??)

The Endurance motor is likely to be one of the Black motors. These were authentic hop-ups for it's time. I remember the Newman Porsche 956 came with one, maybe other similar cars as well. I hope this helps. [:)]

I read it here http://www.toyexchange.addr.com/tamcars17.html that the endurance motor produces less torque than a regular black motor. It was especially suited to the 956 which was hard to drive on anything other than prepared surfaces. The black motor are tame incomparision to what is available today. If you motor is new, I would keep it that way and buy a stock motor to run in it's place. If it is used already then run it until it dies.

I have one in my runner rough rider. I run the small pinion and I gett plenty of speed. with my 2000 cells I also get plenty of run time.

Jim