Sign in to follow this  
Jontxu

wheels for Lazer ZX-R?

Hi everyone, i have a Lazer ZX-R and I would like to find a set of wheels suitable for this model. I remember that HPI, Trinity, Kyosho and Thunder Tiger used to make wheels for this model. I'm looking for 5 or 6 spoke wheels. Do you know any suitable wheel for ZX-R that i could find nowadays at any shop?thanks.

Any modern buggy wheel with a standard hex drive will fit. Wheels by Kyosho, Tamiya, Thunder Tiger and others will fit. unfortunately almost all modern wheels are dish wheels. HPI Super Star wheels were the best option, a great 5 spoke design but unfortunately no longer made.

Ballistic Buggy make 5 spoke wheels that will fit

offroadwheels.jpg

http://www.ballistic-rc.co.uk/ballisticpage.htm

HPI still make a version of their Super Star wheels in black, white, grey and chrome,

3030_01.jpg

but they only make them 35mm wide which will fit buggy rear tyres but to fit front buggy tyres you will have to try and narrow the wheels yourself.

http://www.hpi-europe.com/gallery_display....d=snwhl〈=en

Thanks for replying. I've written to Ballistic Buggy so that they will tell me where could i find ballistic Buggy products in Spain.

I've been thinking about kyosho wheels. I remember that Inferno 10 used the same wheels as the Lazer. Would Inferno Tr15's wheels fit? would Tamiya wheels fit the Lazer? (those used by Gravel Hound, Rising Storm, etc). Thanks a lot.

The TR15 wheels will fit straight on the Lazer. All Kyoshos 1/10th scale buggy wheels will fit on the Lazer. Tamiyas use the same size hex drive and Tamiya buggy wheels should fit straight on, but some Tamiya wheels have ribs inside the wheel to strengthen them which catch on the Lazers front suspension. The Gravel Hound/Rising Storm wheels have ribs inside them, so you would really need to try a set of these wheels on the Lazer to see if there is enough clearance.

Thanks. If anyone knows where could i buy these wheels for kyosho Lazer in Spain, tell me please.

EDIT: people from Ballistic Buggy have sent me an e-mail and said that they could send me the wheels (rear and front wheels with spokes YEAH!!! :P) by purchasing them in their website.

Sign in to follow this