Sign in to follow this  
netsmithUK

Electronic payment systems...

Anyone every used www.c2it.com - looks like it is completely free for us based transactions but a flat fee of $10.00 for overseas stuff icon_smile_sad.gif

I think we all know about Paypal but what of the others, Bidpay, Billpoint etc - any preferences?

Cheers

Chris

I have been using, very happily thank you very much, PayPal.

but my problem about to arise is that if you move countries, as I'm in the process of doing, you cannot take your account with you so to speak, so any good name you have built up is lost. You have to terminate your account, and open a new one with your new land address.

Not great.

Stu

Paypal is fast - and very safe etc - however they do stick it up you with fees - especially when you are not in the US - their "exchange" rate for transferring funds is terrible when you reside in another country.

I have used Bid Pay successfully - however I have to ask an extra 6 USd to be added to the total from my bidders to cover the bank fees that I incur when I cash the money order here - not a nice thing to have to ask.

Other than that I use "wire" transferring from ank accounts - relatively cheap for the sender - and very reliable !!

Cheers

Darryn

I prefer using Paypla for all my international transactions, its Very Fast and convienient, but in some quarters it has a none to shiney reputation, Ive been sent Emails before were you read about ppl getting stiched up by Paypal and for that reason you get users who avoid it like the plague, but the main reason some sellers dont accept it is cos its costs them money to accept the paymnets, and being the cheap scates that they are they usually ask that you use a payment that costs you money like Bidpay and other Money orders payments. not that theres anything wrong with bidpay, Ive used it quite a few times (when they wont accept Paypal usually) its a bit slow for my taste, and I usually fork out the extra $15 for the priority delivery service to make sure it gets there with some haste. Money mover is another Money Order payment site which I have also used. I have Used CCnow before which is a bit like paypal, only once mind, problem with is they take your card details and charge you $9 a month for not even usung the thing!!! Thanks for nothing :) Ive never been tempted to use anything else. Has anyone here used the E**ys Billpoint to buy from auctions yet, is it any good and what are the costs? and as for those Germans and their COD and Wire transfers.... Whats with that?

Currently I use paypal. Unlike others, I have never had any problems using it. What ever happened to Ebay buying Paypal?

logo_member2.gif

Edited by - Shodog on 10 Sep 2002 20:29:02

Edited by - Shodog on 10 Sep 2002 20:29:42

I really liked PayPal when it first started but I have gotten a little nervous and quit using it for a while. I just read where they have 17 million users (accounts) but over 100,000 unsettled complaints! Sure, that's less than 1% complaints but if you're one of them, that's significant. Also, to resolve a complaint, you have to submit to their arbitration board and PAY THEM a fee to try and resolve your problem and get YOUR money back. Ever try to cancel your membership to PayPal? Let me know if you find a link for doing that as we tried to cancel my wife's account and couldn't see where to do that. Their 2.9% fee really gouges on large transactions, too.