Sign in to follow this  
Shodog

whats the deal with this Scorcher

Wandering off just a bit, I noticed parts of the car are anodized, does anyone know what spec/grade of aluminum was used? I have access to an anodizer, but different grades of alu require different treatment.

Cheers logo_member2.gif

Twinset - re the £135.00 SS, I wouldn't be too sad. From what I have seen modelman nows his tamiya stuff so if he has sold it for that much i think the is a pretty good chance that is all its worth.

Maybe UKStyle will tell us when he gets it.

Body sure does look nice though...

logo_member2.gif

Ah, Chris, I wouldn't be so sure. He just sold a decal set for $75,- or so... Seeing a set go for double that a few weeks back, I realize I need that program of yours to ring an alarm when new auctions appear!!!

I got the decals, one is truly a happy bunny.

Oh the joys of being at work at 2 a.m. waiting for an alarm engineer.

Was struggling to justify that amount of £'s on 'stickers' but after 10 minutes of debate with a bottle of sprite, decided it was a good idea.

logo_member2.gif

Whats the link to the $75.00 decal set?

surely not just a SS set - I got my for £15.00 off blazer fraser.

logo_member2.gif

Link for decals

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...1766358381&rd=1

I think ebay musta been wierd last nite, as I didn't see these all evening although they were posted at 21:13. I saw them after 2 a.m. once the engineer had left.

After a quick hunt for closed items, came up with

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1763675936

and decided they weren't that pricey.

logo_member2.gif

Edited by - TWINSET on 10 Sep 2002 12:04:53

looks like we are heading back to the 'Good old bad old days'

It certainly makes things interesting.

logo_member2.gif

Man that is crazy, $1200 is too much. Oh well it must have been worth it to Gokartsedi

logo_member2.gif

Twinset

I think this is a different seller to the one you are reffering.id='Verdana'>

Stu in Scotland

logo_member2.gif

No its the same seller, he relisted the item with the correct hard plastic body.

yeah prices are crazy recently. An o.k scorcher went for nearly 400 pounds (600 USD ish) recently. The next scorcher went for about 150 pounds the next day. The only differences were the 1st was resprayed, it was cracked a bit, the back cage was smashed, the front bumper damaged and had one battery and the complete exhaust. The second one was in much nicer condition and was far, far less. Someone must either have loved the red glossy finish or just had to have the exhaust and tip!!!!

On a seperate note though, i have noticed that there is often great stuff on EBAY.COM but the sellers won't ship to England. There are always scorcher parts and mods on there that i want but they won't sell to my country. Recently there was a new chrome tree with most parts still on it. Went for about 15 dollars.(thats a tenner to us). It was a superb price and i was willing to pay much, much more for it but the seller said no when i emailed him. To make it worse i had seen an almost identical tree go for well over 100USD about two weeks befoe this. Just goes to show how stubborn some people can be.

Anyway, if the prices stay at this extrodinary level i think its time to sell my 40% new built scorcher and buy another one in the summer when the prices drop!!! :)

Never had a problem getting stuff shipped to Scotland... id='Verdana'>

Stu in Scotland

logo_member2.gif

In my auctions I put that I am willing to ship internationally. I have shipped quite a bit of stuff to Europe. It's not difficult it's just more paper work to fill out. Most U.S. people probably don't know that you can ship to Europe very easily with USPS. The thing I hate is when the UK people complain about the substantial shipping cost.

logo_member2.gif

Hey Shodog,

We English people just like to complain and grumble about stuff its part of our nature. If it wasn't the postage it would just be something else, like the colour of the paper you used to wrap it in, the placement of the stamp or the colour ink you used to address it etc etc etc

chris

logo_member2.gif

Chris,

make sure you differentiate between English, Scottish and British.

id='Verdana'>

Stu in Scotland

logo_member2.gif

I find that the shipping costs from the USA vary greatly. I will gladly pay for the items to be sent to the UK after all thats why i have placed a bid but i think some sellers exploit the charges a little. I have had parts sent that cost $25 to post and when they arrive the postage cost is $6 on the box and the box is used not new. But all in all i get a good service from overseas. I should think that 75% of all my parts now come from abroad but mainly europe not USA.

Just my two pence worth......and i am British.....

Adam

logo_member2.gif

I hate those proces getting so high, it makes this hobby impossible for me..... icon_smile_dead.gif

I don't want the Sand Scorcher when I'm old and gray, maybe a bit sooner if possible... icon_smile_wink.gif

Sjoerd

I love Sand Scorchers, but I don't have one... Please help this poor collector...icon_smile.gifid=size1>

I have run into this a couple of time. The item ends for $10-$20 but it cost $7.00 to ship it. I'm in California so it has go go all the way across the US before it van jump the pond to Europe. I don't gouge anyone on shipping although I did make a tidy $.23 profit for an item I sent out recently.

logo_member2.gif

US sellers usually don't have a problem to ship to Europe when I email them, although they state the opposite in their auctions . Also shipping isn't very expensive, compared to Japan and even some European countries! Just that some sellers are too lazy to find exact shipping and often tell numbers 30-50% higher to be on the safe side tttlogo.gif

http://www.vintagetamiyarc.com/