Sign in to follow this  
Porsche 928_gts_02

beware of this ebay seller....

quote:Is this guy also trading under the name thescammer
id="quote">id="quote">

i thought that guy was ok from what i have heard (he just gets carried away with his feedback replies.) Never bought anything from him though (his prices are massive!)

He might be ok - I paid him on the 16th Dec to airmail me some parts and they still havent turned up yet. I ordered some parts from a different guy on the 27th and they turned up after 4 days again by email. I have also had a couple of other people email me about him waiting for parts. I know what you mean about his feedback though! Suppose its a case of wait and see.

A friend of mine ordered a Clod from "thescammer".It took a long time, and the car did not show up. I e-mailed him to ask what happened. And i got a copy of the post recipie. It showed he sent the car on the 19th December, but it still haven't showed up.

Stian

I just got a mail with a shipping receipt attached - knowhere near what he charged me so I guess at the very least he stiffed me on that. Ill see how I get on with getting some of the shipping money back. Up until now I would have said ebay had been pain free and have always had excellant service - I guess theres always a couple of people out there to ruin everything[:(!][:(!]

Does anyone have the addreses of these ppl, maybe someone can pay them a visit that lives nearby?????

personally i think these ppl should be wiped off the earth.

on another note I love playing baseball and can let anyone borrow my bat so they can have a play !!!![;)]

"...Any way to give this person negative feedback..." Been done. He has changed ID's too many times. When you come in as a new user, you get a fresh start. Although, through the reporting of us who have been burned, EBAY once again took him off and suspended his acccount! ;-)

he is a forum only registered guy at the moment (well, he has no showroom) Don't forget he could have a different user name by now, he has done that before!

Surprisingly the parcel arrived today and on it he didnt ship till the 3rd of Jan (I paid him to ship on 16/12) and the shipping cost was $20 not the $37 paid to him. So although he is a little dodgy he doesnt appear to be a out and out thief. If I get a refund on the shipping he might get neutral feedback. Im not sure whether to go the full hog and give negative though as the item did eventually turn up. What do ppl think?

I wonder if the delay in shipping was due to him having to wait for the parcel to arrive as I have heard of some people selling items that they are buying from other auctions?

the way i look at it is i will always the postage total 1st before i bid. If they say don't know then its your choice if you want to risk that they will charge fairly. If they list the price to start off with it makes things so much easier. You can always mail him to ask for the extra back but dont hold your breath.

If you paid him that extra to ship in December and he didn't ship then you are more justified in your complaint but still the sellers choice.

Feedback is your choice but watch out for revenge feedback if he has not given you any yet.

You win some and loose some. I recntly bought an 1/8th scale chassis and they had the postage listed at £2 on the payment section on the bottom of the page. I was expecting them to increase it to about £5 which is the sort of figure that weight would be, but they were happy with the £2 and it came with just under £5 of stamps on. Vey nice.

quote:Originally posted by richtea78

Is this guy also trading under the name thescammer as I am having some problems that seem to be similar.

id="quote">id="quote">

Wasn't that the guy who's name 'enhances the sale'? [:D] Well, I think his sales need a lot of 'enhancing' then... [v] We have certainly heared of him before then...

quote:Originally posted by mr_lister999.

he is a forum only registered guy at the moment (well, he has no showroom) Don't forget he could have a different user name by now, he has done that before!

id="quote">id="quote">

He could be everyone. You friend, your neighbour, your parents... even you dog. You don't know who he is... He is everywhere... Watching you, he know where you are, who you are, what you bid... He can strike any minute... [}:)]

SCARY! [:o] [:o)] LOL

At least he seemes to have good advice given on the forums to watch out for himself... [;)] Never heared somehting that wise in a long time! [:P]

I was wondering about the revenge feedback angle as well - wont ebay remove it? I guess Ill just have to risk it if he doesnt refund the money - it should be amusing at least considering his other feedback responses

The majority of people I have dealt with have been great and I have never had a problem up till now

I had a similar deal to this. I bought something and trusted the seller on the shipping amount. He said £4 and it cost 68p!!

I paid with PayPal about 10 minutes after I was given the total amount, so I did everything a buyer should do.

I asked why he charged so much for shipping and the answer was something like "Well it just happened to be more than I thought, thats the way it goes, and anyway you agreed the shipping costs so you can't do anything"

I thought this was a bit of a rude way of putting but there you go. So I suggested he could easily refund the difference to my PayPal account. He replied by laughing and saying no!!..

So I gave a neautral feedback because he had shipped in good time and the item was good, only the cost was a problem ( and his attitude, but you can't change that!!.. ).

Anyway, after I did everything a buyer should do he gave me negative in retaliation of my neautral.

Basically I don't trust people who say they leave feedback after the item has arrived, they should leave it after you have paid and done your side of the deal. The only reason to delay is because you have something to hide.

I have to disagree with the leaving feedback before the item you have paid for arrives. A few times in the past the item i have won hasn't been what i have recd in the post and i have also had problems with the item not arriving at all. On one occasion this was because the seller had not sent it!

I personally will not leave positive feedback until positive feedback is merited. If this means waiting to inspect the items that have been paid for then so be it.

Just mt 2 pence worth..

Adam (acprc)

Thats what I meant. I think the seller should leave it when he/she has been paid and the buyer should leave it when they have recieved the goods.

I don't like when a seller says they leave feedback effectively after you have left them feedback. So if they don't do a good job you can't say anything because they just retaliate even though you don't deserve it.

You might think that sellers don't do this but some even state in thier auctions when they will leave the feedback.

quote:Originally posted by ukclaire

And with a handling charge...sounds like the same guy to me.

Claire

id="quote">id="quote">

Whether it's the same seller or not, the 5% handling fee is clearly against eBay policy and has been reported. Just a low-class way of making an extra profit.

I thought Id ask him about handling charges as I have been after a Pajero for a while anyway this is his reply

"Ebay allows handling charges and it must be a fixed rate.

That's apply for all form of payments, not only for paypal.

Thx!"

Now I was fairly sure that is not what ebay say?

Also his email address looks weird - like he just randomly typed in letters although I must admit I dont speak Japanese so I may be wrong on that score

Here are the exact words from eBay's Listing Policy:

Sellers may charge reasonable shipping and handling fee to the final price of their item, providing that this fee is disclosed up front in the listing. A shipping and handling fee can cover the seller's reasonable costs for mailing, packaging and handling the item. Shipping and handling fees cannot be listed as a percentage of the final sale price.

id="blue">

Note the last sentence. You can state in your auction that "there will be a $10 handling fee" but you can't state "5% handling charge is required" because then the handling charge is a function of the final price of the auction.

I've had seller's listing state, 'Shiping $10 to $15". Then they sent an invoice requesting $20 for shipping.[:(!]