Sign in to follow this  
mymonsterbeetleisbroken

your first ever rc car

what was your first ever rc car? i mean your first full function one, not the famous "turns in reverse jobby"[;)]

doesnt have to be a tamiya - just the one that got you started!

do you still have it? if not - how did it break[:D]

my first full function rc was the one lego released about 5 years ago.

it was ****.[8)]

it was about 2 weeks old when the front wheels snapped off, then the radio broke[:0]

when a got my clod a few years later - and realised what a proper rc could do, and i mashed that silly lego thing to bits with it! now that was fun[:D]

Mine was a Kyosho Big Boss I got about 13 years ago. Got thrashed and bashed but still in my possession, hours of fun!

Rough Rider. Bought it for $50 used/trashed from a friend. I helped him build it, helped him trash it, then bought it from him. I still have it.

TL01-B baja champ. I still have it. Converted it to race car where I thrashed a sweek Tamiya R34 Skyline shell [:(] before I knew how much I'd miss it. Then upgraded the car to long suspension and other hop ups. Now my rally car that sits on the shelf waiting for my 1400's which are at my neighbors house still. Give them back Scott!!![:(!]

Matchbox Porsche 928 in 1978 or 9

first real r/c, Sand Scorcher 1983

first point I realised I shouldn't of sold, busted, smashed, given away all these cars- 1999

Back in the early 80s it was some Radio Shack Porsche "Moby ***" car.

The first personally owned Tamiya was a TL-01. My dad has a Sand Scorcher which I've repaired and got working again.

First was a Nikko truck. I tried to fit some upgrades to it (nothing can help those things!) Still have the truck back home working condition. First Tamiya was the Clod Buster.

First RC car approx. 1:20 toy Lancia racer, Stratos?

First Tamiya a Holiday Buggy in 84, but most propably already know that, so I won't bother you again [:P]

Cheers

A RTR le mans type car, don't know the make or model but it was red [;)] ...that was in 79 or 80. First Tamiya was my Hornet I believe. (so long ago that I am not sure [:I] )

Martin

quote:Matchbox Porsche 928 in 1978 or 9

first real r/c, Sand Scorcher 1983

id="quote">id="quote">

My first remote controlled car was a Matchbox Porsche 928 too! It was infra red remote control.

My first real r/c car was also a Sand Scorcher in 1983 and i still have it, its in my favourites in my showroom.

My first RC car was the Fighter Buggy, but the King Blackfoot was always my dreamcar. Can't remember which year it was, I should try and figure it out sometime.

The Fighter Buggy NEVER broke any part, imagine that for my first car! I didn't even own a toy RC ever before, I only played once with my littel brothers toy RC before I got my Fighter Buggy. I recently replaced the worn tires with new aftermarkets, added BB's, sport tuned and CVA shocks.

AFter that I got my dream car (the KBF), then followed by the TA-04 Ferrari a few years later, and a Holiday Buggy and a Marui Coors Melling Thunderbird. Then I searched on the internet for more info on the Holiday Buggy and encountered Theo's site.

Now that I have so many cars I could only dream about (Sand Scorcher, Mountaineer etc.) I realise the King Blackfoot is my actual favourite dream car! [8D]

My first was the Tamiya Wild One.Built myself fully working.That lasted about 2 years before getting trashed and me messing about with painting it all black!It was a complete mess so I chucked it.(how stupid was that!) Then got a Tamiya Ford Cosworth which I still have and which is currently being restored.Just the drivers cockpit to finish painting.

My first remote control car was one of these;

beemer.jpg

My first radio control car was a Scorcher, waaaaaaay back when I was a kid.

Eventually sold it at school for £18[xx(]

My first R/C was a Sand Scorcher which i bought in 1982 for the vast sum of £50 including batteries chargers and some spares the body was a bit tatty so i bought a Rider body spares kit for £17.50 and i used to buy a new bumper nearly every month they were about £6

The Tamiya Hotshot.I bought it from Hobbyplace Melbourne.Wow,what an adventure!It sure beat my Metro Jethopper!

My first was the Tamiya XR311, bought sometime in the early '80s. Sold it for 25 quid a few years later. My second was the Baja Champ, bought last year. Now I've got the BC, a Mini, 2 Mad Bulls, 3 Schumacher Missions and a Mini-Z [:D]

My first car was my Tamiya Frog in about 1986. Only part that broke on it that I can remember was the steering horn, the rest of the buggy wore out from use. Still have it to this day, it's undergoing restoration and will run again.

My sister's first car was a Grasshopper, which we still have as well and in fact I just overhauled it for her so she could run it this weekend gone!

- James