Hi all,

Any tips on what seems like a non payer? I have auctioned off about 14 things on ebay with no problems in the past. I recently auctioned off a NIB KYOSHO KX-ONE. It has been one week and no response from the buyer? He has all positive feedback. Do you all have any tips? suggestions? Is this unusual? How long should I wait before I give up and relist it?

thanks for all of your input.

Chris

Since he is not resonding to your attempts to conclude your transaction I would file an NPB alert. You will have to wait 10 days after filing to claim an FV credit so by that tiem they will either pay you or you will have to relist anyway.

Tricky one - he may just be

a)sick

b)on holiday - although bit silly to bid!

c)PC down

d)email down

As I've said in earlier post, I get really suspiscious on ebay these days, but saying that, bearing in mind his feedback record, I'd play like this (and this is how I play it with buyers)

1. Give one week to pay - send payment request on first day, and on day 6 or 7. In the second email request urgent payment and send the payment reminder (this is essential to claim a NPB alert)

2. If not paid in next 7 days, send further email, politely ask situation, request money asap, but point out that if not, you will be forced to report NPB in order to get your fees back. Point out that you will leave neg feedback too.

3. Give 2 more working days (to allow for post), and if nothing, report to ebay, leave neg feedback.

Ebay take a while to deal with fee repayment, and in the first instance simply send him another chasing email. I have been in this situation about 3 times, and on each occasion the buyer paid on receipt of the ebay warning.

I try to be as understanding and helpful as poss, but build up the requests for money as time goes on

Maybe he is waiting for payment himself from someone, before he can complete..... i do this all the time - but i doo e-mail the seller, at the mo waiting for snail paypal to transfer money before i can pay mine [:I] but they are aware of this and seem [8D] about it [;)]

The simple answer is the guy is jerking you around by not answering email or dealing with his responsiblties.

Whatever his reason for not being in touch are NOT your problem. Post an NPB alert.

Thanks guys for the feedback. I sent an e-mail saying I have attempted to contact him several times and that I will be forced to file a complaint with ebay if payment is not recieved ASAP. I got payment via paypal tonight.

I am not trying to be harsh, but I mean come on? Am I the only one that is waiting to see if I one and sends payment as soon as I find out I win an item? At least freakin respond to the emails ya know?

One week post winning an item, you should at least say hey, I will pay you tomorrow or I am working on payment or something...

Do you all agree? I just think it is a good way of doing business.

take care everybody.

quote:Originally posted by Cavscout

My tip.... leave negative feedback first, ask questions later.

id="quote">id="quote">

I had a non paying bidder that hit BIN and never contacted me. I went through the NPB procedures and got my credit back then left a neg. He then left me a neg saying he paid and I have stolen his money !

So the moral of this is to save up your anger and neg them exactly 90 days after the end of the auction as that is when it goes off from your feedback list and it will be harder for them to retaliate.

Just for the record there seem to be a LOT of non payers at the moment !

Daz

you can leave feedback up to 2 or 3 years after the transaction, works only in Ebay.com tough as far as I know, ait longer than the 90 days, and then once the deadbeat bidder feels safe, hit him with a neg....

Franz