Sign in to follow this  
Morpheus

Ebay prices bottom fell out of the market

Is it me, or do Tamiya cars on Ebay not get the prices they are advertised anymore, there was a NIB Mountaineer which I was after but the guy wanred £1100 quid for it, it went for about 700 in the end.

Also a bruiser is on there no bids yet, is it me or do people not pay these prices anymore, or are people selling these things just expecting too much?

I personally think that most of the collectors already have what they want and the people selling these are after a big mark up, when the market has been flooded with such goods..

what do others think? or am i barking up the wrong tree?

quote:I personally think that most of the collectors already have what they want and the people selling these are after a big mark up, when the market has been flooded with such goods..
id="quote">id="quote">

It'll be a long time before that happens.

Prices always go down in the Summer on e-bay, they will pick up again early Winter time.

I would say a combination of both, most big collectors have got most of what they wanted, plus a 3rd factor, a general insecurity and unwillingless to spend money, not only in the RC world.

Cheers

quote:Originally posted by DJTheo

I would say a combination of both, most big collectors have got most of what they wanted, plus a 3rd factor, a general insecurity and unwillingless to spend money, not only in the RC world.

Cheers

id="quote">id="quote">

nothing is selling as well as it used to,

nothing!

few examples from other areas of "vintage toys and models" [:)]

old mib matchbox toy car garage sold on ebay, last year you would have been looking at at least £150, it sold for £34.

old dalek toys from doctor who [:)] one perticular toy should make £100, sold for £40.

i think all prices for any vintage, collectable etc has gone down.

the only prices going up are uk petrol prices [;)]

dont start on uk petrol prices lol :)

i think what stulec52 said was right

its all very strange tho because this is the best time of year to go out and have some fun with your runner etc

yet people dont seem to want to pay as much

all good for the people who want to buy hehehehee

i have seen things go for cheap and thought poor guy who sold it

good luck all :)

Yeah there was a New Built ferrari F2001 went yesterday for £55!! and i missed it!![:(]

some interesting replies, I think what spaked it off was the Bruiser thats on Ebay, in the box for over a grand and no bids, and the guy selling the hilux for over 600 quid and again no bids,

I know I have the models I want and there must come a point when people have either no cash or have what they want,

Kevin

well i think it varies among collectors of what price they are willing to pay just today saw a tamiya avante new in box go for a whoooooopppping 1500 USD without technigold motor.. i think it just depends on how much the buyer really wants that particular car in his/her collection

I don't think the prices have fallen out of the market.

I recently saw 3 Bruisers not sell on Ebay. I thought the prices were also quite reasonable (~£350).

If I had the cash I would have bought all three myself.

Next time perhaps.

quote:Originally posted by tamiyageek

well i think it varies among collectors of what price they are willing to pay just today saw a tamiya avante new in box go for a whoooooopppping 1500 USD without technigold motor.. i think it just depends on how much the buyer really wants that particular car in his/her collection

id="quote">id="quote">

Wouldn't trust an auction with bidders kept private, they often smell like shill bidding or 0 feedback fun [;)], also this week a used Bruiser ended for that money with some 0 feedback bidders, in either case am not sure if the transaction will really take place [;)]

Cheers