I was watching a auction for a NIB mountaineer without pictures last week. I sent the guy an email for some pictures. He replied with the following

hello

you have here the pics of my Tamiya.

the price ioncluding shipping cost to UK for close the deal right now with you is 500euro.

if you agree my price please reply me.

thank you Georgeid="red">

The pics showed a NIB mountaineer (not taken from tamiyaclub). The guy was also a new ebay member so i wasn't too sure, this is far too good to be true.

He then sent me the following email

Dear Hunjan

Thanks for your interst in my unit.

Regarding our deal...let me tell you that i'm looking to close a fast and safe deal.Like you have seen i'm new on ebay and i would prefere to use for payment wire transfer because are fast and safe for receiving money.A option it is Western Union Service

egarding shipping...i would prefere to use UPS Service because i've used it before and i know how it works.Trough UPS Express Pluss i can ship this equipment worldwide.I allready have a UPS acount number and the shipping taxes for me are not so expencive.

the package is ready for shipping to you but you moust send me your full name and address,i will suport the shipping cost,and you will

suport comision of the money transfer via western union.

I am asking you to make the payment via Western Union Money Transfer.

Once you will confirm that the payment was done i will send imediatley

the package via UPS Expres at your address.id="red">

He refuses to take paypal or any other secure payment facility. I have heard that western union does not cover the buyer at all for fraudulent purchases, it is purely a money transfer service.

Watch out for emails like this!

neo has had the same offer and what i got was that this guy IS sending the mounty before he get's paid.

If i'm wrong then Noe will correct me no doubt[:D]

I can't believe the nerve of some people, i would love to track him down, he even sent me a photo of his ID card, which i am sure must be stolen.

As a "compromise" he suggested that I send him 250Euros and then when i receive the mountaineer send the rest.

I have told him that i have a friend who lives about 1/2 hour from him and he will pick up the kit tonight for 500 Euros cash, i await his response.

I would urge everyone to be careful if you come across this guy, the link to the closed auction is

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

i have looked at his ebay things too describes the car perfect as if taken from a write up about it [?]

same goes for the bass he is selling very detailed and well wrote adverts i would be careful

Paul

also the email he sent you describes the mounty as "this equipment" and "package", he only excepts western union style payments, no pic of the item in the auction and no real proof the pic he sent you is actually of his own mounty.

classic haulmarks of a scammer if you ask me [V]

ask the guy to take a pic of the mounty with a sign in the shot aswell, such as "tamiyaclub rocks" scribbled in marker on a piece of paper. if he cant provide simple proof like this then its a scam - and he has no truck at all - or the mounty may sudenly leave the country and the seller will tell you a friend has it at the moment. [B)]

scammers suck, sadly the deal sounds way to good to be true. [V]

I'm sorry to say that I received the Mountaineer today and it was a mint kit perfect in all details!!!!

(UPS is very fast[xx(] )

The price was 500 euros and I think I made my 2nd best deal ever !!

Thank to all of you who didn't trust in the guy !![;)].

Roby

PS I'm jocking[:P]

Well it comes down to whether your willing to gamble. I bought my NIB Scorcher for $500 from a guy that the deal looked even shadier that this.

Jim

i also to trusted a guy and bought a new in box avante for only 300 he had no feedback and no pics looked very shady but i took th erisk and paid off...congrats on the mountainer

wow well done there roby!

i gess sometimes its worth the gamble, it just depends on how much you are willing to risk!

i wonder why these genuine sellers that seem like scammers choose to sell there things in shuch a shady way [?]

maybe these risks are the only bargains left these days! [:)]

In case you did not notice, Roby is joking. I also contacted the guy and he offered it for less.

quote:neo has had the same offer and what i got was that this guy IS sending the mounty before he get's paid.

If i'm wrong then Noe will correct me no doubt

id="quote">id="quote">

I also asked him to send it to me first...and few days later...it arrived at my door perfect NIB shrinkwrapped. Now should I send him the money? [:o)]

Of course, I'm joking too.

Come on guys, the way he writes the mails, drops price, agrees on half payment after, names as location "Valencia, Espagna" while he is registered in Italy should be enough to wake up a dead![xx(]

Also that he sells it for a such a price, while according to his descprition he seems to know about tthe rarity and value of kit...

Cheers

I think sometimes it is difficult to say whether it is a scam or not. If a new eBay user has some valuable stuff for sale, most likely it will look like a scam. Maybe we can discuss here if someone has this kind of experience to share with. That an auction looked like a scam and end up getting a great bargain.

yeah me noticed that too

keep an eye out i think he will try again with same pic and nearly same write [:(!]

Paul

im thinking of sending him the link to this thread [:P]

neo u [}:)]

think he would give up scammin for good lol

Paul