Sign in to follow this  
Tamiyamandan

PAYPAL E MAIL WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello all,

I just got an e mail from paypal (But it wasn't actually from Paypal!!!!!) It said Dear Paypal valued member....then it told me to click on a link....I almost did it but then I called paypal to check on the email...It is NOT FROM PAYPAL and is a scam to get your account information!!!! Paypal told me that they will always address a person by their first and last name in an e mail message.....If you get any e mail like this report it to Paypal immediatly.....I hope this helps and spread the word so no one gets ripped off by whoever is sending these fake paypal e mails...

Happy New year,

Tamiyamandan

ive had the same saying they will suspend my account until i enter all my credit card details.even the pin number. !!!!

I got the same one today. Those scammers are getting good as the e-mail look like it was from paypal. Anytime I get those I just log into my account and unless I get an error message then I know I am okay.

JIm

ive had the same saying they will suspend my account until i enter all my credit card details.even the pin number. !!!!

The e mail looks very very authentic.....I hope everyone reads this so no one gets scammed....Spread the word....I do alot of ebay and would hate for this to happen to someone...I also got an e mail awhile back that said someone tried numerous times to get into "My Ebay" with incorrect passwords....So Now I frequently change my ebay password....Just something to keep in mind...

Tamiyamandan

Also anyone who gets these e mails NEEDS TO REPORT IT!!!!! the more complaints they get the more seriously they will take this...and try to stop it...

quote:Originally posted by Tamiyamandan

Also anyone who gets these e mails NEEDS TO REPORT IT!!!!! the more complaints they get the more seriously they will take this...and try to stop it...

id="quote">id="quote">

How can they stop it?

I fill 'em out. I *love* giving out all my personal details.

Here, I'll let all you guys know EXACTLY who I am:

NAME: Fungerscwhitzel Dusendorfenheim

ADDRESS: 1947245346-B Houseweitzel Court

Guggenfart, CA 9724554323423

PHONE: 044-911-867-5309

MASTERCARD: 4588324976745900232334544353562346743568

EXPIRES: Nebruary 33rd, 964811

CODE: 888

PIN: 43ll

SS: 32432423-2354235-1

MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME: Schwartz

BLOOD TYPE: Chocolate

There, now everyone can find me! Yay!

[:P][:P]

one bummer about clicking the link is that it tells the scammer that your e-mail address is active. that's why I don't even click the links

Jim

All you do is forward the email to

spoof@paypal.com

or

spoof@ebay.com

They will investigate it.

Dave