Sign in to follow this  
netsmithUK

Be careful who you sell to on ebay ;)

[:0]OVER A £40 DISC DRIVE!!!!! i mean if it was a NIB SS or a NIB Monty then fair enough but a £40 disc drive.lol. Some people really have no brains at all. lol. Fun reading Chris. [:D][:D]

Thanks

James

:(

Thats really bad makes me think never to hand over my details again ahhhhhh lol

think ill stick to trading on TC more fun lol

It does drive you mad mind when some one is trying to scam you , I understand y he did what he did , but would never carry it out [8D]

A few times people have tried to catch me on ebay , as you always can get there address , I usually tell them im working up there way in a few weeks and will be paying them a vist ,this as worked for me every time [;)]

He gets no sympathy from me - all that over 40 quid, and now he has a criminal record, will probably lose his job and its going to affect the rest of his life - that was really worth it - NOT! Sometimes you just have to walk away and put it down to experience, and neg the guy at the last possible moment too of course, just when he thinks he has gotten away with it [;)].

Ebay is always a risk unless you are careful, and even then you can get caught out. As a buyer I nearly always pay via paypal as it does give you some comeback as a buyer, (even though I hate the rip off merchants as a seller), and always pay the little bit extra for insured delivery - it ain't rocket science!!

Of course there is always the feedback as well - chances are if someone is a rip off merchant they will have tried it before, or will have had to re-register and hence have very small feedback scores. Folks its 99% common sense - sure you might get the occasional bum deal, but minimise your risks and even then you needn't lose a heap of cash.

Chris

we all need to be carefull when dealing on ebay... not so much for the money that you can screwed out of, but you never know what kind of person your dealing with. There will all ways be that one bad apple...that one nut job out their that for XX amount of money or for a small amout like in this case, or the amount could be more is willing to do something like this.

Just out of curiosity, but maybe the seller did post the item and royal fail or parcel farce lost it. As it mentions nothing about the guy not sending the item, just that he had to pay the money back. Just an idea.

thanks

James

:)

.............well 1 million items of mail did not reach their destination in calendar year 2004 according to ONS.............where do you reckon this blackhole is exactly??

quote:Originally posted by vtecboost

we all need to be carefull when dealing on ebay...

id="quote">id="quote">

its not just ebay,but forums are notorious for the same thing. people come to fourms and then say they are gonna sell something and never send etc. I think people just mention ebay a lot because it was the first online kind of trading system so they, "look" to it as a role model.

quote:Originally posted by Pellandine-sports

.............well 1 million items of mail did not reach their destination in calendar year 2004 according to ONS.............where do you reckon this blackhole is exactly??

id="quote">id="quote">

The black hole is in Southend, Chelmsford and Torquay sorting offices in my experience!

Actually, biggest problem with Royal Mail at present is "Recorded Delivery" - no record of this service exists until after the item is delivered and only then if the postman actually sees the sticker on the package... try tracking any recorded item on the mail web site and it won't exist if it's sitting at the sorting office waiting for collection because your buyer was out for example. In fact, a good proportion of them don't exist even after they've been delivered - which means that the "trackable online" bit of eBay's seller protection probably wouldn't apply.