Sign in to follow this  
T.C~Tamiya

eBay.co.uk... fees gone up *!!"#"$£"%~#

quote:Originally posted by T.C~Tamiya

Boxart, eBay is only a success because of the people selling on it, without them there would be no eBay, it's a two way street, a symbiotic relationship if you like, so on that basis I don't feel that I should be groveling with gratitude for having the privilege to sell stuff there ;)

id="quote">id="quote"> There is no groveling with ebay, Of course I agree that without customers/sellers buyers there would be no ebay, but thats the whole point. It because ebay brings these together that made it successful. Every single business relies on its customer otherwise whats the point of being in business. To sate "eBay is only a success because of the people selling on it" is a bit obvious. you could say the same about McDonalds, becasue without people eating burgers there wouldn't be a maccy d's. I run a buisness and getting customers/keeping customers and providing a product people want is very hard for anyone to do. Its easy to slag off a company for being sucessful but i bet 99% of people on this forum have benifited because of the success of ebay!! Im not the ebay ambassador just soemone who thinks its a good idea and wishes I had the idea first!!

With a traditional business like McDonalds they sell the products themselves, eBay's different because they don't sell anything physical, it's the millions of individual eBay members who are doing the selling, eBay is really just a venue where the buying and selling is done.

Don't get me wrong, it is a good idea and I'm not begrudging them their success for a moment but perhaps they should be a little more considerate to their members.

Their customer service is terrible for example, if you've ever tried to ask them a question you'll know what I'm talking about, a huge chunk of cut-n-paste text that has nothing what so ever to do with what you asked them.

Like last week when I got a bunch of non paying bidders, trying to get the listing fees back is like banging my head on a brick wall.

I might be in the market for one of those nice Sand Scorcher posters you make, any chance of an "off eBay" discount.

I completely agree with the customer service side of it. At best it could be descirbed as Pants. Anyways, yes there is a possibilty of a nice sand scorcher pic with discount cause Ill save my final value fee, so, specially for tc memebers 10% discount. you need to order via email or preferably my new site at http://www.tamiyaboxart.com The sites not totally finished but in a stage where it can take payments via paypal. I need it testing with live customers so feedback would be great. To get the discount, enter tamiyaclub in the discount/voucher area of the shopping cart when you place your order.

Tis done, Web site feedback... Code visible on the "thank you" page after paypal payment made, also... shopping cart adds postage cost but when in paypal the total (with postage) is listed as the item price and postage is listed as 0.

Apart from that it looks like a great site.

I look forward to getting the poster, thanks.

Thanks for the test and pointing out my code was showing!! now fixed unlike the paypal thing which wont diferentiate between post and products