Sign in to follow this  
backtomyroots

Mountaineer scam. Careful.

simply ask if he has both the Hilux ans Mountaineer and send some new photos to you.

quote:Originally posted by addict again

yep I saw that too. I also asked him for more pics and one with his local newspaper next to it.

id="quote">id="quote">

This sounds like a good idea to me.

quote:Originally posted by addict again

yep I saw that too. I also asked him for more pics and one with his local newspaper next to it.

id="quote">id="quote">

Always a good one, local paper showing the days date!!

I just hope it all goes ok for you twisty!!

I am still waiting for pic`s,to be honest it is looking more like a scam by the hour.

Thanks for the advice and your own experiances you have all given,it is all a bit late to do anything now but wait and i am still not sure one way or the other,time will tell.

cheers folks

simon

If he won't send photos with a newspaper as proof of ownership I'd say for sure it's a scam, let's hope he's not good with photoshop.

quote:Originally posted by twisty

He said he took the pic`s and Voltar didn`t sound sure it WAS his.

He is sending me some more pic`s tonight.

I always fancyed a trip to Florida anyway,if he rips me,i might just take a couple of months holls over there next year,i might look him up [;)] seriously.

id="quote">id="quote">

I live in the u.S. (NYC) which is better than the uK. Let me know if you want me to make contact on your behalf w/ Florida local authorities to get some feedback on possible next steps - phone bill's a lot less for me and I know internet fraud is moving fast up the law enforcement list here.

Email w/details if int'd.

Good luck [8D]

Thanks fazig04,will let you know.i saved your email addy,so you can edit it off your reply,to avoid the spam spiders.

Simon,

Are you going ahead with this deal ? Almost worth the price of a flight to Florida to collect personally to make sure you don't get scammed ! If he does turn out to be a dud at least you can go to Disney World to console yourself so it wouldn't be a totally wasted trip.

No and it`s gonna be a while,i asked him to send it uSPS by air,signed for and insured right at the start.

He says it was sent surface 6-8 weeks $42.18 ,insured, but he wont send a tracking number,i`m not holding my breath.

I will let you all know the final outcome.

New in box Mountaineer = a day at Disney World in cost. If you have kids.......it equals a NIB Mountaineer AND a Sandscorcher. It is a fun place though. Jim

Hi all,

i just got this email:-

quote:Good day to ya Simon,

The numbers I told you about are only receipt numbers. I will be out of town a few weeks for the holidays and will check back with you when I return. Have a safe Christmas and a Happy New Years to Ya.

id="quote">id="quote">

So he got his money ,seems happy.I guess there is still hope or is he just evil ? lol.

Who knows?

As i said before,this might take a while.

Hi Guys,

Think there's another scam on e-bay on a Bruiser. Seller is also offering an NIB blackfoot.... I just pressed the BIN for the bruiser... so that one's no longer on the bay . And now I'm a bit anxious !Let me know if anyone saw the listing. Seller had feedback, be it from early 2005. Item was located in Germany... stated in the ad. Was posted at 08:18.

Rgds

Tamland67

Just got a message from e-bay... seller is a scam artist !

Didn't pay yet... so no loss !Beside a bruiser for peanuts !

Tamland 67,

So absolutly nothing to do with my Mountaineer then?

Start a new thread buddy.

For those subscribed to this thread,no mine hasn`t arrived yet and not expected for at least a couple more weeks.

I will keep you informed of any progress.

cheers

simon

Hi Twisty,

Nope; it was not yours. Sorry I replied in this forum. Was just a bit excited and wanted ringthe alarm bell !

Hope you'll get your fingers xx-ed ![8D]

It`s ok.

When this thread notifyed me of a reply,i thought you might of been a postal worker who had found my mounty and wanted to deliver it straight away.

[:D]

If I was I would have assembled it first, put in some radio gear and make a test drive. Just to check if it was working correctly! Never saw such a car drive... think this will be awesome.

If not working correctly I would have kept it, fixed, made another trial and thén send it.

Wish you luck and happy year end!!

Arjen[:P][:P]

Update.

Hi folks,

Firstly,the NIB Mountaineer has still not arrived,it was alledgedly sent by surface post 6 weeks ago last friday,i sent him an email asking him about making a claim to get my money back,to my suprise i got this today.:-

Simon,

I contacted the post service and told them you have not received the package.  They told me to wait till the 15th of Feburary and then I can file a claim.  I told them that was a long time away and there response was that they are sure you will receive it by then.  This really concerns me as to I thought you would have had it now.  If you do not receive it by then, I will file a claim and get your money to you at once when I get the money from the claim.

I have had a look on the USPS website,a claim can be filed for ,up to 6 months after the item was posted. 

Should i  inform my bank that the kit has  not arrived and tell them his story and see what they think?

(it could still turn up,lol.)

Thoughts?

Are you telling me you didn't have it shipped with a tracking number ?  You are brave, good luck getting a refund, sounds pretty fishy.  But - you never know it might turn up [;)].  Although it did take nearly 6 weeks for my last NIB to arrive from the US and I am on the same continent.

I just checked all the emails i sent him and i asked 3 times to get it tracked or a tracking number,oh well, the wait continues.I`ll let you know what happens next.

hi simon.

i would get my money back  thru the bank asap..if it turns up you can always resend him the money,at least this way you have peace of mind,as it is,your on a hiding to nothing.

dave

It seems like you won't be getting your Mountaineer! I am sorry to hear

about that and I hope that you can still get your money back. I

personally think you are crazy for going through with this deal and not

getting a tracking number and especially after being warned by many

club members, some of whom speak from experience! You truly are a risk

taker and I hope it pans out for ya.