Sign in to follow this  
D00M 101

vintage clod upgrade + shell

hiya

could you recommend a decent budget motors and esc upgrade for my stock clod

and also a cheap body (i don't want to damage the chevy shell!!) could you give me an idea of prices if poss

cheers Ben

Hi Ben,

We don't currently sell after market shells for the Clod, although the TXT one may fit. Pro Line do a great range of bodies suitable for the Clod including a Lexan version of the Chevy body. We will soon be adding Carson to our range so I'm sure one of those bodies will be suitable.

2x 17 turn motors with adjustable timing would be £32.99 each. An ESC suitable for these would be the Mtroniks Viper Truck which is £59.99.

Please contact us if you would like any further information.

Thanks,

James

Hey James thanks for that, can you tell me also what the difference is with motors, eg is a 15x1 faster than a, say 19x1 and whats the difference between a 15x1 and a 15x2 or 15x3?? i know it means the number of coils/turns/magnets but in terms of speed and torque is a smaller number of turns or magnets faster or slower??[B)][B)]

Thanks

Ben

Hi Ben,

A 15 turn motor would usually be faster than a 19 turn and also draw more current. The second digit in a motor description refers to the number of wires wound around the armature, the first digit being the number of times it is wound.

If you reduce the number of wires, the motor will have more initial punch so a 15x1 or 15x2 would be better suited for a truck than a 15x4. As you reduce the number of turns the motor will spin faster but will provide less torque.

I hope that helps. There are many other (much better) explainations in the forums but if if you need any more info, please ask.

Thanks,

James

Hey James

That's great cheers, now i know the basics i can work it out myself,

thanks for all the help you've been a star!!

Thanks

Ben