Sign in to follow this  
Mogsmex

optima pro whats it worth ?

I've been offered a optima "pro" from some guy at work that he used to race, its in nice nick and runs well so whats it worth, I really havent got a clue, but quite fancy building a hybrid holiday buggy with the car in my showroom :-) or is it to rare/good to trash..... any idea to its worth.......All replys appreciated

Cheers Glyn......

Not many Optima Pro comes up for sale. Most of the time, it's the turbo Optima you see on eBay. Used Turbo goes from 49.90 to about 150 depending on condition.

The pro has a nice body shell IMHO with a nice undercowl. Pity that it also comes with plastic radio deck and skinny red shocks.

If you are buying it to restore, then make sure the body shell and undercowl are in good condition. Also the spring retaining clips on the red shocks are intact as they always break.

I have a rather nice (I like to think) Pro in my showroom. The wing is not part of the car BTW.

How much is the guy asking for it? Pass it to me if you don't want it. I might be interested.

Thanks Hight owl,

That helps a lot as I dont know much about these cars I'll keep you in mind if I decide to get rid !!!

Cheers Glyn.......

I'll post some piccies in my showroom when/if I get it

I've got it, its been converted to belt drive (option house parts) and uprated gold shocks (option house parts) but has the originals, the bodyshell and undercowl have seen better days but the rest aint bad and the red shocks look in good nick, I'll post it as a trade soon unless anyones interested ?

Cheers Glyn.......