Sign in to follow this  
BOOCAKE4U

super Eight and Esprit GP-20 (Landmax)

my site i wish..lol. nah i was like the 5th member or something...but we need more, only 30 or something....

but nah i go there all the time, if you check out my profile, nismospeed, youll see im classed as a rc guru..lol...

dan

nice! they are a very detailed body...the alfa and r34 skyline both have headlight buckets which go inside the body, makes for a very realistic look...i have a couple pics of a friends LM1 with the alfa 156 body here and here...nice price too, they cost about $10usd more here and the alfa isn't even available anymore...

you are a lucky guy...the 155 was one of the original bodies back in ~94, when the landmax was still called the esprit gp-20...been discontinued for a looong time, now i am really jealous...

you can see what it looks like here (scan from the side of a gp-20 box) and i have a couple other pics of an actual painted one i will post when i find them...

i should probably also mention the parts list and reference section in this thread, for anyone else who wound up with one and doesn't have a manual etc...

If you wanty one then i am sure we can work out in some way that you can get one! if u want just to make sure this is the discontinued one wait and i will take a couple of pics of this when i get it 2moz hopefully and we can take it from their!

Edit:

I got the car shell today and it is the discontinued Alfa 155 it has on the box that the car is for the SP-20 espirt

very cool, it's a good looking body...love those fender flares

i think you probably got the last one, its no longer shown on their page...thank you for the offer though

i would love to see some pics when you get it painted, still haven't found the other pics i have of one...

That 959 looks GORGEOUS. Always wanted one of those and they seem SO rare these days. There's one on eBay right now but it's the only one I have seen in literally YEARS - or am I looking in the wrong places...?

thanks, i always wanted one also

i do see them on ebay every so often, there was a person in HK last year who had several NIB kits, but wanted way too much money...

not many people know that there were two different versions...the first one came in a black box, had the 5 spoke wheels and is actually not a kyosho at all, but based on the ofna/ho bao pirate (i am not sure why this was done, though i don't think the inferno had been released yet)

the second version came in a white box, had the BBS style mesh wheels, and was based on the inferno like the other supereights

my 959 is a version one, as is the yellow one on ebay right now

Love those huge 1/8 Kyosho rally cars,

mine was based on MP5 and the huge Skline body fit over it perfectly. I sold it a while ago and not too long a ago a nib body kit

here's pics

http://members.cox.net/jycm3/RC/my_rc_carx

Bookcake4u, afterlooking at the NIB Skyline body kit and the box next to it, did you brought that from me? I recognize the brown tape I used to hold the lid closed. I forgot how much I sold it to you but Let me tell you how i got it. After drooling the old Kyosho catalog with this skyline I wanted so bad but it was discontiuned for few years. I call nearly all the hobby shops in the US no one had it, then my lucky call to Europe and find out that a German Kyosho distrubitor has two of these body kit in stock cllecting dust so I ordered them costing me $175 each + shipping!!! but well worth it. picture does not do justice on the size of these cars i had so much fun with it and catch alot of people' attention along with it [8D]

hi john!

yep, i bought the new body and set of BBS rims etc from you, and got another set of the BBS rims from srcmodels (who also posts here sometimes)...the car itself came from cory m. like we talked about before...

and i did finally find the right number for those ofna tires that you gave me the tip on, ofna part #86101...i am still waiting for tower to get some in stock (they have been "on order" for months now eheh)

nice to hear from you, i was wondering where you had gotten to...thanks again for the parts and great advice, i still haven't painted the body but i do have some fun ideas for the car that will go under it...

quote:Originally posted by BOOCAKE4U

hi john!

yep, i bought the new body and set of BBS rims etc from you, and got another set of the BBS rims from srcmodels (who also posts here sometimes)...the car itself came from cory m. like we talked about before...

and i did finally find the right number for those ofna tires that you gave me the tip on, ofna part #86101...i am still waiting for tower to get some in stock (they have been "on order" for months now eheh)

nice to hear from you, i was wondering where you had gotten to...thanks again for the parts and great advice, i still haven't painted the body but i do have some fun ideas for the car that will go under it...

id="quote">id="quote">

Nice to hear from you, you can also try ace-hobbies I ordered the Picco engine and the tires from them many years ago.

Here's the link

http://www.acehardwarehobbies.com/2.2/cata...ath=57_38_48_49

I don't see the tires there but they have good selection of buggy tires.

Post pics when you get your tires from tower

regards,

John

Right i am un sure of what colour should i spray my Alfa 155! i have gone for red like it shows on the box but i havent gone for the Kyosho red! i have chosen two different tamiya reds! i got Metallic red or Micra Red! so which one should i go for?

will do john, i was pretty much waiting to see if tower gets them in stock out of convenience (so i can order other stuff at the same time)...ace and nitrohouse usually have or can get any of the ofna stuff...

i guess micra red would be more accurate, but it's your call...metallic would look pretty cool also, especially with the nice lines on that body...hmmmmmmmm

Btw, the red is mica, nothing to do with Nissan, otherwise it would be anyway a blasphemy to put it on a Alfa! [:D]

Cheers

hehehe, this is true...i'm not sure who makes a good match for that alfa blood red, any suggestions for oli?

i am too lazy to match box art anyway, kyosho tries to kill you with the stickers...the benz body comes with a whole sheet of tiny "D2" decals which they want you to cut out individually, and then place evenly all over the body, custom trimming those which would overlap other decals...too much like work!

just as a side note, since we are (kinda) on the subject...the older esprit bodies (alfa 155, r32 skyline and the mercedes) didn't come with precut window masks or overspray film (or at least my benz didn't)...all of the newer ones do, makes life so much easier...hehe