Sign in to follow this  
wldnas

Who is familure with PLAYTRON cars?

Ive just won an auction on E**y for a old RC buggy made by PLAYTRON, Ive heard ppl mention them before, but Ive never seen one until now, its called the Doberman and its a 2WD buggy that looks somewhat reminisent of the Frog. the car its self is an incomplete chassis, but it does have the Body and rear wheels, and I imagine with a bit of minor work it could quite easily be made into a runner.

But I would like to know some more information about this particular brand of cars, so if anyone out there can help me out then that would be greatly appreciated.

wldnas

Jase,

As I recall G.K. Models down in Bournemouth were the main dealers in Playtron when they were popular.

They had the 4wd Lynx, and this 2wd car. Both used mostly the same parts except of course the front drive parts!

I think G.K. Models are still trading? might be worth an ask?

id='Verdana'>

Stu in Scotland

logo_member2.gif

Thats the Puppy Charis!!!

mind you the one Ive bought isnt quite in nice as condition as that :( the body on the one ime getting is a bit of a mess and has been painted red and silver, the chassis is bare (no electrics) and the rear suspension arms appear to have been put on upside down with the shocks hanging down the arms underneith instead of bolted to the chassis ontop. it comes with the rear wheels but is missing the fronts.

Thanks for the info guys, that link was really useful chris, I had no idea theses cars came RTR, but at least it gives me some idea of how the radio and speed controller were fitted in.

Stu? have you got any contact numbers or addresses for G.K models?

Jase,

well seems to be called GK model centre now,

www.gkmodels.co.uk

good luck !id='Verdana'>

Stu in Scotland

logo_member2.gif