Sign in to follow this  
wldnas

MUGEN BULLDOG Info needed badly.. PLEASE [:)]

Ive just picked up a Mugen Bulldog and its in need of some attention, but its quite a complicated car in general arrangement (4WDS) and its got a problem with the enclosed drive system in that the motor turns but the wheels dont. to find out whats wrong will involve ripping the whole car to bits cos the gearbox is the main structural member for the car.

but before I get to that I want some Idea of what Im dealing with so Im asking you ppl out there, can anybody supply me with ANY information about theses cars, Im especially looking for an instructions manual.

any info you can supply would be gratefull appreciated

I know you can do it icon_smile_wink.gif

I used to build and repair kits for a model shop in the 80s, and I've built a few of these. If you have no drive, you might be lucky and just have a missing drive pin somewhere. The worst could be the 2 drive belts are broken - you're going to have to dismantle it to find out. The trickiest part of assembly was sorting out the steering linkages. I have a picture of one built correctly in my showroom. Generally the steering was set up to give the minimum you could on the rear, and the maximum on the front. By the way, the dampers are air shocks, so they should sound like they are wheezing when you bounce the car up and down. Hope this helps.icon_smile.gif

Thanks for that. Ive since took the plunge and took the car to bits to see how it works. turns out that the lack of drive was caused by a loose drive cup and both ball diffs out of adjustment causing uncontrolable slip on the whole transmission. anyway its all fixed up now, and ive driven it, the 4WS isnt no my taste so Ive disconnected the rear steering for now.