Sign in to follow this  
Razer

Panda?

Yes, Panda made some buggies. I remember a Grasshopper type thing, called the Cyclone I think. I don't think yours is one of those, but I'm sure someone here will recognise it.

Gary

Yup, Panda made various offroad buggies in the late 80s. Later on they recycled the same and put sedan/Nascar-type shells on too.

Well to be honest Panda didn't make any buggies. They were from varicom. Varicom also sold the panda cyclone to Mugen. Panda had four electric cars and one gas one.

The Panda: which you have I also have one in my show room. Tamiya style solid axle with a ball instead of a pin where the axle meets the chassis.

Example: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=2408&id=25

The Cyclone: Take a hornet plus ever parma hop-up you can think over. It does have an adjust. camber -A- arm on it unlike the hopper/hornet. Live axle with anti-sway bar, metal nurf bars, larger oil filled shocks.

Example: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=35&id=2

#3 stock car: take a panda cyclone and throw the classic black stock car body with #3 on it.

M. Thompson Baja Truck: I've only seen a pic of this one and its not setup like the cyclone.

Gas version of Baja truck: Only seen a few pics.

These cars were sold with KO Propo all through the late 80's early 90's. They had a deal with hobbyshack on the west coast of the US. Hope this information helps.

-------------------------

I am so smart, I am so smart! S-M-R-T..I mean S-M-A-R-T!!

Hey thanks. It's actually me first buggy which runs! My kid loves it on the gravel driveway. That ball joint is kinda neat too, especially on the gravel it really gets some use. I have the blue body for it too, it's in my showroom now.

Thanks again,

Neil