Sign in to follow this  
ShenUK

has anyone ever heard of this one

RS4 Sport HPI Racing i have one with ESC 4 batterys & Fast charger it's 4WD belt driven other than that i know nothing about this car

can anyone help?

Thanks

Barry ShenUK

That link didn't go to the exact page I was trying for. If you click on INSTRUCTIONS on the left, you can scroll down to the RS4 Sport and go to the page with the downloadable manual.

Neil

Yup, we've got one. One of the first twin belt 4WDs on the market back in the mid-late 90s and trashed the likes of Tamiya TA02/03 and Kyosho TF2/3.

The RS4-Sport came out at the same time as HPI's RS4-PRO; Sport is a cheaper version with FRP instead of carbon. The PRO itself was an evolution of the first HPI RS4 chassis, with different front suspension. Later on the RS4 genes also spawned NitroRS4, SuperNitroRS4, MiniRS4 & NitroMiniRS4 and subsequently the PRO2. There is also a Sport2 and NRS4 2 as well.

The main attraction for the original RS4PRO & Sport is that the kit supplies option of Tamiya-placed bodyposts... yes, they can use the same Tamiya bodyset holes!! This option disappeared by the time #2 came out, unfortunately.

The RS4 family can be either 190 or 200mm (need longer dogbones, but the suspension just changes holes), depending on your bodyshell. To fit Tamiya shells you'll need the 190mm.

Current HPI lineup is the PRO3, which is totally different from the original design. New cars now have the front bodymounts on the bumper.

thanks for the link i've now got a manual for it

and a rough price for if i'm to sell it

Its too new and too plentiful to be much of a collectors' item yet; HPI must have sold them in the thousands. It is a nice car to run too, pretty competitive still in the lower classes - they swap hands here todays for approx $50-100 for a rolling chassis.