spice

AYK

Is anyone out there collecting AYK RC Kits?

Any history or information on AYK cars would be useful as I wish to start collecting them.

Cheers

Daniel

icon_smile.gif

Hello Daniel,

Please feel free to ask any questions here - or email me.........I have quite a bit of history on these cars.

Cheers

Darryn

Want more than Just Tamiya ??

webpagelink.JPG

Visit my page !!

Hi Darryn,

Visited your impressive website and collection icon_smile_tongue.gif

I am interested in collecting all the AYK off-road cars, are there more models than the ones listed on your website or is this all they made? I read you sold all but one of you AYK, sorry to hear thaticon_smile_shock.gif what possessed you?

Cheers

Daniel

These AYK cars are hard to find.

The boxer and the baffalo comes up quite frequent on eBay. But I have never seen cars like the radiant, pro radiant, the sidewinder, boost etc. I have only seen 2 vipers and I made sure I got them.

The Viper is my favourite AYK buggy. I have a Viper 4x4 and a Viper shuttle. Both is restore with almost all new parts. I have the 4x4 in my showroom. It really needs a new cage though, and a driver figure. Anyone can help me with that?

I have a friend with a NIB boost. He is prepared to sell it. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Hello Daniel,

Actually - I have all bu one of the 2wd comp buggies made by AYK on my site - the one that is missing is the extremely rare sidewinder - I have the lexan bodied version - there is also a half pipe and half lexan version as well.

I still have all of the ones on my site - plus I have a spare NIB Viper as well !! (actually - I now have both the "spec A" and the "spec B" kits of the viper NIB. The one that I sold was the Viper shuttle NIB - basically a bodied version of the Viper.

I wont be selling any of the AYK's on my site - that is for sure - they are so hard to come by.

There are a large number of 4wd from AYK:

Viper

Viper shuttle

Radiant

Maverick

Radiant Pro

Boost

Plus a couple of other 4wd's I cant recall the names of at this second.

The 2wd's are easier:

Sidewinder lexan

Sidewinder frame

Buffalo

Bobcat

Boxer

There are a TONNE of very early on road racers that I have - just havent put up there yet - AYK were even more of a racing company than even Kyosho !! I know the importer of these cars here - and he has told me a number of very interesting stories about AYK and their history.

There are a number of fun cars amongst it all as well. I have one of them on my site - called the "bun bun" series - these little ******s had a special gearbox that makes sounds like a real car !! LOLOL

They also made a car called the super trail - pretty similar to the Rough Rider etc - came in a choice of buggy body - or Ute body.

There are many AYK cars to choose from - it is a hard task getting some of them - however the satisfaction of owning them is well worth the effort.

Again - if you have any questions - please feel free to ask. I also have a number of spares as well !!

Cheers for now

Darryn

webpagelink.JPG

Visit my page !!

Thank you very much for the comprehensive info on AYK cars Darryn icon_smile_big.gif

Daniel

Darryn,

Can I ask you what is the difference between the spec A and spec B of the viper?

I noticed that there are some difference when I am build the the 2 vipers I have. One has a aluminum steering knuckle while the other has a black plastic one. The other difference I noticed is that the front main diff gear of 1 car is black while the other one is white.

Is this part of the spec A and B difference?

quote: I have one of them on my site - called the "bun bun" series - these little ******s had a special gearbox that makes sounds like a real car !! LOLOL
id=quote>id=quote>

Pls show us that must be interesting!

tttlogo.gif

http://www.vintagetamiyarc.com/

AkihabaraMallrat - in essence you are correct - however the spec A had Motor AND ball races - the spec B - had no motor - nor does it have bearings - just metal bushings.

The alloy and plastic steering knuckle issue is matter of production line changes - nothing else - I have 4 vipers in total - and two had / have steering knuckles in plastic.

If you guys have more specific questions regarding the AYK cars - I will do my very best to answer you.

I have full intentions of making the AYK and Kyosho side of my site VERY comprehensive - however as you can imagine - there is an awfull lot of work and research to be done (I have finished the research - many calls to Japan and importers etc).........

While I like Tamiya - I have to confess that I am really considering lettting go of alot of them to concentrate more on my great passions of other brands - such as AYK, Kyosho, Marui, Associated, Yokomo, schumacher etc - as I am and always will be a die hard racer at heart.....

Any ways - enough rambling - I hope I can be of more assistance ion the future as well.

Cheers

Darryn

webpagelink.JPG

Visit my page !!