Sign in to follow this  
TWINSET

Carson

Rather humerous translation of the Mad Rat if you click on the Automatic English Translation icon:

Welcomely on the WAD ADVICE user PAGE

What is "WAD advice"?

... a Offroad vehicle on a scale 1:10 as verb racers. An extremely durable model of Carson, whatever gets over most violent estimates without damage. And the price holds itself in the framework opposite other Offroad vehicles, which have also an appropriate clearance.

id="blue">

I live in Germany myself, and can tell you a little about Carson:

Carson and Tamiya appear to be tied because the German Tamiya distributor "Dickie" mix their cards, and try to give their own brand "Carson" a free ride on Tamiya image. Most Carson products are of quite low to very low quality, and it is a shame that the distributor is willing to sacrifice Tamiya image just because they want to increase their profit on Carson products in an unfair way. It's pure greed, and Dickie deserves to loose distribution of Tamiya products.

I have a few bodies from Carson myself, mainly because nobody else makes bodies of for instance the Porsche 914 or the Opel Speedster. I also have the Hummer "Mad Rat" body. Quality is modest though.

Carson cars may appear to be of acceptable quality in their catalogs or on the website, but they are really of quite low quality, and I wouldn't even accept them as presents. Also parts availability leaves a lot to be desired. I highly recommend you not to buy Carson models, except for some of their bodies, which are unique and of acceptable quality for runners.