Sign in to follow this  
eddiehkg(2)

RC Motobike in china .. Must see

The bikes really look cool, especially on grass.

The bike has a gyro that helps keep it verticle.

Unfortunately Kyosho only make tarmac bikes - another motorcross bike would be superb, just like the old days.

That's mad - If anyone sees them on ebay, please mail me the link!

Yes, the kind of new interesting stuff you would expect from Tamiya, when China was only copying, look how things turned around now... [:(]

quote:Originally posted by TWINSET

Argos at the weekend then[:D]

id="quote">id="quote">

just wanted a up date on the bike did u egt one or did u decide againest it?

Argos do the small one.

I think I saw the larger one (as above) in Hamleys (Regent Street, London).

I also think Shodog (Jim) actually has one of these[?]

I nearly got one, Argos do have the big one on their web site @ 40cm long but they only had the small one @ 20cm in stock at my local branch, so I copped out.

Not too sure the argos and amazon ones are the same??

Argos;

3711451A56IFN64328M.jpg

Amazon;

B00000JRI4.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

Placement of rear number and design of rear end is different for a start....

The amazon one looks more like the one in the video.

Still didn't make it to Argos yet.........

I was thinking exactly the same thing too Andy, I would rarther buy the one from the US, after the shipping would only work out at a bit more I rekon, wouldnt mind having a go with one

I have one of these. well worth the money. In the US they are sold under the tyco name. They can be bought at toy's r us

Jim

Not to question what you're saying Shodog but I work in retail and when we had the Tyco version for sale it was one of the worst toys we had. We found the only way to get it running was to have one person hold the bike above the ground while the one with the controller gave it full throttle and then you would drop the bike. If we tried it any other way it always seemed to go on its side and most of the time we tried to turn it would end up on its side as well and all you could do was go round and round, as can be seen in a few clips of the movie. We were however testing it on a shiny wooden floor so this could be why we could not get it to stay up. The other thing was we found we got most of the ones we sold back because either the customer could not get it to work or the bike was just completely dead, this could be down to customers destroying the electronics because they did not like it or it could be that it had a genuine fault of some kind. In the end we had to stop selling it as we got fed up with it.

quote:Originally posted by valman

Not to question what you're saying Shodog but I work in retail and when we had the Tyco version for sale it was one of the worst toys we had. We found the only way to get it running was to have one person hold the bike above the ground while the one with the controller gave it full throttle and then you would drop the bike. If we tried it any other way it always seemed to go on its side and most of the time we tried to turn it would end up on its side as well and all you could do was go round and round, as can be seen in a few clips of the movie. We were however testing it on a shiny wooden floor so this could be why we could not get it to stay up. The other thing was we found we got most of the ones we sold back because either the customer could not get it to work or the bike was just completely dead, this could be down to customers destroying the electronics because they did not like it or it could be that it had a genuine fault of some kind. In the end we had to stop selling it as we got fed up with it.

id="quote">id="quote">

Thats a bummer. Mine is very reliable. I have hit curbs fences and all sorts of things with it. To launch it you do need to hold the bike with one hand and the controller with the other. once you get the gyro in the rear wheel spining you can let it go with a gentle push. As far as having customer return them it is probably user error. These things are a lot harder to drive than a car. That being said they are however was easier to keep upright than the kyosho HOR series of motorcycles. We also have the mini series of these bike which have also proven very reliable. Even my son's 6 year old friends can drive them.

Jim