Sign in to follow this  
madbad jezza

mardave marauder - still available?.

does anyone know if its still possible to buy a new mardave marauder?. i know this is an old car, but you never know!. i,m not even sure if mardave are still around, let alone producing RC cars.

anyone know?.

cheers [:D].

(failing that, anyone got a decent one they want to sell?).

Hey James

I keep looking at them, but I don't know if any bits are available anymore.

Here's their website; http://www.mardaveracing.com but if you check 'latest news' , it was last updated May 2001!

I don't think its been available for a while, but you should be able to pick them up cheaply second hand, after all they were cheap to begin with. I'm not sure if Mardave still exist, I heard a rumour that the company and is just selling off their stock of spares, not sure how true that is though. Their old phone number is 0116 262 4701, you could try giving them a call.

Hi you cant get a new mardave marauder but if you call mardave they still have spares in stock as I get bits for the 1/8th stock cars and the meteor .

They are concentrating on the V-12 series but they will help out where possible [:D]

cheers for the advice chaps, i am now the proud new owner of (what reads to be....) a very little used maraurder [:D] - thanks to ebay..its the one you pointed out to me andy [;)]. it went a little over my maximum price - well, quite a lot over....but you all know what its like...[:I], so i,m afraid its "bye,bye" to the mad bison in my showroom [:(].

i,m a happy little bunny........

cheers!.

james.

James

Well each to their own I suppose. Will you now be trying to get hold of the 1/10th scale electric version, the Apache? One of those will be cheap!

Terry

In regrads to MARDAVE???

As far as I'm aware, the company is still going (just about) but it's not quite the company it once was and are only just ticking over, they only seem to produce the V12 cars now as they still seem to be quite popular with novice racers.

I did here a rumour that a UK Model shop chain was on the verge of buying them out, but I don't know anymore that that, but take it as read that Mardave is still going, but for how much longer I could not say ;)

it'd be too bad if Mardave disappeared....

The first car I really raced was back in 1984, and was a 12th scale electric Formula 1 stockcar !!

remember those Terry??

they were great, also many a fun Winters evening running ministocks. We used to run bog standard on a nice sized carpet oval, my lap record stood at 72 laps in 5 minutes !!! tons of fun with 5 other guys !!!

Actually when I had my Marauder, money was a bit tight, and I couldn't afford a starter, so it took 2 people to start it.... what we did was turned my bike upside down, one guy peddled and the other tried to line up the flywheel with the back tyre !!![:D] worked most of the time !!

it was mardave that got me into RC, my first car was a mardave ministock, that was the toughest little car ever. it's now done about a million miles and been seriously crashed as many times!! and it still runs fine! also ran a few mardave meteors years ago.

it's fair to say mardave built/build the strongest RC cars. don't think I ever broke anything apart from the bodyshells!

i,ve heard about mardave,s reputation for being very tough - a little crude maybe, but tough. we,ll see though, if anyone can break them, i can!. i remember the apache terry!, if i remember rightly, those cars were so cheap to buy, that they gave them away free with cornflake tokens didn,t they [:D]. saying that though, i wouldn,t recognise the apache without a bodyshell fitted.

Apache?? Well that's one I've never heard of!!

I had a Marauder a few years ago it had a Super Tigre 40 fitted in it, and it flew!! Totally uncontrollable but it was fun, and yeah I didn't have a starter to start with and used the 'upside-down bike' starting trick!!

Mardaves were VERY crude but tough as badword all I ever bust on my Marauder was the body shell, but saying that clutch linings didn't last long!!

I used to have a Marauder about 17 years ago ! , what a car with a 3.5cc buggy engine in it and a barrel type silencer , It had foam rear tyres which just did not grip , and no brakes at all .

I bought an old starter motor from a scrap car and forced a rubber wheel/ ring on the end , I used a carry a car 12 volt acid battery around with me .

God they were the days !!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey stephen - tell me about it........!!!!!!!!!!.

i,ve had my marauder for nearly 2 weeks now, but i,ve only just got a decent starter motor for it. fair play, i remember these cars from first time around, and i can see why i didn,t bother with them - thank got for pull starters and electric starters!. dont get me wrong, i like this car, its a real beast - crude - but a beast all the same. i,ve got blisters on my hands from gripping the starter so tightly, and blisters in the other hand from gripping the car tightly aswell - the compression in this .21 engine is seriously high!. driving without any brakes - at all - is another new experience for me too, and its a little bit scary, as this car is no slouch!. it handles about the same as my rough rider - which is "lively" to say the least. mine hasn,t got those naff foam tyres though, its got proper spikey rubber tyres all round - and with no diff fitted either, its makes a pretty good "roost" wheel spinning across the lawn [:D] - wont be any lawn left soon, just dirt [:I].

just how tough it is,remains to bee seen....

its fun for the moment though.

Mardave Marauder :

Is this topic finished ?

Regards .